Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ... 56789 LastLast

Thread: NJ Fishing Reports for October 2013.....wwwStripersAndAnglers.com

headed to SNJ looking for something better, 5 hours many stops only found fish in one creek mouth, got 10 on 4" in plastics, most up to 24" one 27" some rats, fish are thin all over the state, not good

Quote Originally Posted by J Barbosa View Post
    Fished after work yesterday from 5 to 8pm caught about 2 dozen shorts that we're chasing spearing. Small clousers were the ticket fished in front of a light jig head with a small curly tail.

Cold last night!
    It was cold this morning too. Damn cold! I fished from 4-8am in nomoco with only 2 shorts to show for it. Threw rubber and metal, finally got the 2 on metal right around sunrise. DS and some of you other guys talked about the inconsitent bite well there you have it. Last week I did pretty good it seems like its either feast or famine out there. If you go to long island they are crushing them on the party boats there. Big blues too. Just give me some monster blues and I will be happy this week is sucking big time.
    Nice going on the catch JB, 2 dozen is great! I have been seeing a bite mostly around when it changes from dark to light or light to dark how about you?

Quote Originally Posted by SharkHart View Post
    headed to SNJ looking for something better, 5 hours many stops only found fish in one creek mouth, got 10 on 4" in plastics, most up to 24" one 27" some rats, fish are thin all over the state, not good
    I thought you said last week you were light skies. Now you sound more like dark skies.
    Dude, please we need some more positivity around here. Too much darkness and this site will be swallowed up by the gloom lol.

After the lame fishing this morning I am not so sure about that though. There are sandeels and rainfish out there right in the surf zone and no fish on them. Sucks!

Well add me to the skunk patrol. Fished Cape May this morning with bucktail and white worm. Not a thing except I foul hooked a skate. conditions were real nice but awfully cold. Incoming tide. will be back when its closer to high tide one morning.

Quote Originally Posted by storminsteve View Post
    I thought you said last week you were light skies. Now you sound more like dark skies.
    Dude, please we need some more positivity around here. Too much darkness and this site will be swallowed up by the gloom lol.

After the lame fishing this morning I am not so sure about that though. There are sandeels and rainfish out there right in the surf zone and no fish on them. Sucks!
    My skies are getting hazy....The only positive is the fish off fire island area but they must be hanging onto whatever bait is up there

Quote Originally Posted by storminsteve View Post
    Nice going on the catch JB, 2 dozen is great! I have been seeing a bite mostly around when it changes from dark to light or light to dark how about you?
    Other than yesterday's action I've just been picking a fish here and there working pretty hard just to avoid the skunk. Like Dark said no pattern to put together here. I thought I had one going into last night and then the fish didn't cooperate. Keeps us coming back for more

I'll sign up for the skunk patrol too. Fished somoco this morning. It was outgoing and not that bad. Clean water and no fish. Nice work on the catching jbarbosa and sharkhart.

Fishing all over must really **** right now. Hey guys I just checked the B&N site and what do you know even he is saying fishing is terrible. Can't remember the last time I saw a report like that from him.

"10/27/13 UPDATED 5:04 AM Other than just a few fish at night, and that's really only of you know what you are doing, fishing during the day in this area has been absolutely awful. Thankfully if you come here to fish, it's nice and easy on you with serene conditions. Other than that, things are terrible."

^^^^^I said in an earlier post the fish would be moving off the coast. Hope fall 2013 doesn't turn into a boat only season. Worked a NoMoco beach from 5-7:30 today. Enough bait out there but only the birds came to the table. Managed 2 small schoolies on metal. Took a ride after that to see if I missed anything. Not much at all by the number of "nothiing doing " comments I heard from other fishermen.

I saw that B&N thing too and I thought the same thing, I think I rubbed my eyes to make sure I read it right. One fish to their scales is "blitz conditions" that can't even get that 1 fish in there now, craaaaazy

LOL, you guys are hilarious. ^.^

Fished the top three hours of the outgoing with my brother. He caught about a dozen short bass mostly around the 16-20" range. Same for me but I feel like I caught a couple more than him with the best one around 25" on a swim shad.

Small clousers in front of a light jig head tipped with 4.5" baby slug-go or zoom flukes. Fish holding in an outflow waiting for spearing to be flooded to them; most spearing I have seen all season.

in the back

Sweet Jesus they are weighing in more Redfish then Bass.

This morning 6 to 7:30 AM released 5 bass to 24" all on jig head and rip tide salt and pepper tail

Pay attention to what history has taught us or be prepared to relive it again

Quote Originally Posted by SharkHart View Post
    Sweet Jesus they are weighing in more Redfish then Bass.
    ^^You're right, nice redfish caught 10/25....
    http://stripersandanglers.com/Forum/...g-pics!!/page6

Don't worry Shark,,,I was told that some of the facebook and internet sharpies are reporting the mother lode of bass is still off the Coasts of RI and MA... because their friends are catching a few.........

What some folks don't realize is that:
    1. a lot of those...... are bass that will be wintering in the main CT rivers that dump out into the Sound...There is usually a hot bite this time of year off many of the rocky beaches and breechways of Rhody as the fish tend to stage there before heading into those rivers....

2. Many of the rest, will move through the Western Sound, move down the E River....and directly into the Hudson....
    The true amount of those bass the Central and South Jersey fishermen, (unless they are fishing Ambrose, Breezy, or the Hook) get to see, will probably be a small amount of what they are seeing up in Rhody.......

**Only my thoughts...and I really hope my assessment is off a bit here.....although I'm still trying to hope for the best......we all know I'm just a simple goog with a white bucket..

..... IMO the best to hope for...is that the FI and SS LI bass take a right fork in their Southern migration and come in West of the Mud hole.....but as Fin and others here have said....the Mud Hole seems to be the path they're following so far this year......

Just remember we'll be entering November in 4 days......
    Maybe Shark is gonna come on here and try to rally the troops.....I'm still waiting for his light skies reports....

To all those who are getting out there and trying....nice effort....

** This just in.......

Fishing is so bad.....that Finchaser is starting to pack it up for the season.....
    Guys are saying "The fishing will be better, when the herring are here!"
    The herring are here now....have been for a week.....no real amounts of bass on them.....

He's sold, or is selling the following gear.....
    Surf top....
    7' Rod
    8' rod
    VS

He's selling everything and buying a fly rod.....
    (Vpass and JBarbosa look out over your shoulders...)
    This way when he doesn't catch fish, people will still say "Way to go!" and not ask him any questions.....

^^^^^^^googan bucket! haha lol! "why the hell to you gotta carry around extra **** in a bucket? Like a woman carrying around a pocketbook"
    No offense ds but you may have some anger issues, dude!

My report, fished lbi twice this weekend. Beautiful sunrise both times. 2nd time I fished from the dark into the sunrise looking for that night bite that some of you talk about. One shad on a teaser for 7 hours of effort. Slower than slow.

Quote Originally Posted by DarkSkies View Post
    ** This just in.......

Fishing is so bad.....that Finchaser is starting to pack it up for the season.....
    please don't give it up finchaser. You seem to be one of the few guys still catching fish regularly. Really enjoy your reports and the banter back and forth here.

Quote Originally Posted by surferman View Post
    please don't give it up finchaser. You seem to be one of the few guys still catching fish regularly. Really enjoy your reports and the banter back and forth here.

He's delusional I still have 27 rods and 21 reels just thinning out herd so to speak. I admit fishing is great just the catching part su_ks and I intend to give up until the morning.

He carries his googan bucket because he will always be one, spends more time changing lures to match colors and profiles than he does fishing. If I carried what he does I'd be too tired to fish. Then again that could explain his sleeping in porto jons

Pay attention to what history has taught us or be prepared to relive it again

Quote Originally Posted by finchaser View Post
    Then again that could explain his sleeping in porto jons

dark there may be some good advice here. Sleeping in a porto john the fumes would probably have to cause some kind of brain damage. Worse than huffing or inhaling nitrous!
    Finchaser good to hear you are not quitting I too enjoy the banter here. Hope none of you gents are offended by my part in it. I know I have busted monty pretty regularly in the past.

Quote Originally Posted by bababooey View Post
    dark there may be some good advice here. Sleeping in a porto john the fumes would probably have to cause some kind of brain damage. Worse than huffing or inhaling nitrous!
    Finchaser good to hear you are not quitting I too enjoy the banter here. Hope none of you gents are offended by my part in it. I know I have busted monty pretty regularly in the past.
    White Water Monty 2.00 (WWM)
    Future Long Islander (ASAP)

Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ... 56789 LastLast