Thread: Hey all, first time visitor from dixie

hey all, first time visitor... though I do recognize some handles from elsewhere ...I'll just say I'm from down in dixie

been too snotty and without enough fish around to even make it worthwhile the last week... in fact, so slow that I've only put in a few outings from the sand the past few months (edit: boat fishing near a local bridge is a different story, just no stripes or blues around there ... yet)

be out on the rocks, starting with the flyrod and once daylight finishing up with bait... at a shoreline nearby "soon" (next week or 2), then we'll see if things actually pick up.

Quote Originally Posted by surfrob View Post
    hey all, first time visitor... though I do recognize some handles from elsewhere ...I'll just say I'm from down in dixie

been too snotty and without enough fish around to even make it worthwhile the last week... in fact, so slow that I've only put in a few outings from the sand the past few months (edit: boat fishing near a local bridge is a different story, just no stripes or blues around there ... yet)

be out on the rocks, starting with the flyrod and once daylight finishing up with bait... at a shoreline nearby "soon" (next week or 2), then we'll see if things actually pick up.
    Welcome - more fly rodders

Quote Originally Posted by surfrob View Post

I was tryin to figure out who ya were, Rob.....
    Your mention of Dixie was all the hint I needed......

People, please welcome one of surf fishing's elder statesmen....

Internet famous, one of the most prolific posters out there.....with a gypsy wanderlust great enough that even though he now lives in South Jersey, he has probably fished every beach from Perth Amboy to Cape May, at one time in his fishing career.....

Welcome aboard, Rob....
    Look forward to your opinions and anecdotes.....

surfer rob welcome aboard. I don't know you but if dark vouches for you you must be a good guy. Where do you fish out of mostly?

Surfrob welcome to the nut house.

Welcome to stripers and anglers surfrob.

Hi and welcome surfrob! glad to see the site back up

Welcome to the asylum surfrob. Look forward to your posts. Fished the bay tonight from the top of the tide to a little after dark. A few little bass and weakfish. All on clams and pieces of spot. We did get one keeper at 29". First keeper of the fall it was sent back for good luck.