Thread: NJ Fishing Reports for November 2013...www.StripersAndAnglers.com

Hybrid View

Thanks for sharing good job. JB that fish looks like it swallowed a basketball.

Well it looks like 2011 is repeating with dead water to the left and right, and I am desperate enough to go!!

^^^^SH the morning bite was slow today. Picked up 3 bass on ava and redgill. One was a keeper and came home, others were 27.5". You are better off coming down in the pm. The am was about 45minutes. Also a few fish at night, fish the cuts w needles. Good luck.

"All I have time to tell you right now is that the entire island is on fire again today on pretty much everything you throw at them. "
    Not true - I left for work by 8 and it was slow. Maybe it turned on after I rolled out of there. Take everything you read on that site with a grain of salt.

Quote Originally Posted by SharkHart View Post
    Well it looks like 2011 is repeating with dead water to the left and right, and I am desperate enough to go!!
    Anything but this again...

Tuesday, November 19, 2013
    Angler Species Length Weight Bait
    Grablachoff, Brenden Bass 29″ 9.05lbs T-Hex
    Schweeder, Bud Blackfish 30.5″ 10lbs Teaser
    Schweeder, Bud Bass 35″ 15.35lbs Teaser
    Tees, Rich Bass 33″ 15.1lbs Teaser
    Tees, Rich Bass 29.5″ 9.95lbs AVA
    Swift, Butch Bass 30″ 9.85lbs T-Hex
    Swift, Butch Bass 34″ 15.8lbs Teaser
    Sutyinsky, Lou Bass 33.5″ 13.05lbs AVA
    Sutyinsky, Lou Bass 34″ 13.95lbs AVA
    Malone, Kevin Bass 30.5″ 11.35lbs AVA
    Malone, Kevin Bass 34.5″ 15lbs AVA
    Crabtree, Jeff Bass 31″ 10.75lbs AVA
    Kenny, Jim Bass 33.5″ 14.2lbs AVA
    Black, Tom Bass 30.5″ 10.65lbs Sluggo
    Bajek, Jeff Bass 34″ 13.25lbs Teaser
    Bajek, Jeff Bass 32″ 13lbs T-Hex
    Tony S. Bass 38″ 21.45lbs T-Hex
    Tony S. Bass 35″ 16.15lbs T-Hex
    Nebus, Ray Bass 34″ 13.1lbs AVA
    Nebus, Ray Bass 30.5″ 10.8lbs AVA
    Jensen,Dan Bass 30″ 9.5lbs AVA
    Jensen,Dan Bass 31″ 12.7lbs AVA
    Slager, Bruce Bass 34″ 13.95lbs AVA
    Mack, Bill Bass 36″ 16.25lbs Teaser
    Mack, Bill Bass 32.5″ 13.4lbs T-Hex
    Wagner, Paco Bass 29″ 8.9lbs AVA
    Wagner, Paco Bass 32″ 12.9lbs Teaser
    Molyneux, Dan Bass 31″ 11.1lbs Teaser
    Molyneux, Dan Bass 34″ 11.25lbs SP Minnow
    Maclunski, Robert Bass 32″ 11.8lbs AVA
    Maclunski, Robert Bass 35.5″ 17.15lbs AVA
    Spence, John Bass 30.5″ 10.4lbs AVA
    Spence, John Bass 35″ 15.55lbs AVA
    Sundt, Kris Bass 34″ 11.8lbs AVA
    Sundt, Kris Bass 32.5″ 11.8lbs AVA
    Moore, Brendan Bass 30″ 10.9lbs AVA
    Dishon, Jim Bass 34″ 12.45lbs Grumpy Clam
    Worth, Don Bass 33.5″ 15.15lbs Felmlee Eel
    Worth, Don Bass 30.5″ 12.15lbs Felmlee Eel
    Callan, Dennis Bass 35″ 15.15lbs Popper
    Callan, Dennis Bass 37.5″ 18.55lbs Popper
    Ratshin, CJ Bass 34″ 10.25lbs T-Hex
    Ratshin, CJ Bass 36″ 17.9lbs T-Hex
    Eggplant Bass 39″ 20.4lbs T-Hex
    Derusa. Lou Bass 34″ 13.1lbs T-Hex
    Stilton, Don Bass 39″ 18.9lbs AVA
    Stilton, Don Bass 34″ 16lbs AVA
    Serano, Miguel Bass 29″ 8.2lbs AVA
    Serano, Miguel Bass 30″ 9.55lbs AVA
    Vanderploeg,Rich Bass 30″ 9.9lbs AVA
    Vanderploeg,Rich Bass 31″ 11.35lbs AVA

I wouldn't care so much if there were alternative locations, but there is like 5 fish south of there to cape may total, maybe a bakers dozen north.

ok I am gonna give it a go this morning before work. If the bite is still hot like yesterday and I don't hook up I will be posting in the knitting forum from now on!

Fished the park this morning from 4:30 to 8. 5 bass all keeper size to 17pounds. Released. Best thing that worked for me was a diamond jig with green tail and a teaser. rob I hope you are not hanging it up yet. There are quite a few sandeels around and these fish may stay for a bit.

well I tried to go before work. a big wave took me iut and I got soaked diwn in my waders. I hung in there fir another hour. nothing going on. where is the knitting forum?

Quote Originally Posted by SharkHart View Post
    I wouldn't care so much if there were alternative locations, but there is like 5 fish south of there to cape may total, maybe a bakers dozen north.
    congrats clamchucker. Well it seems like its on at island beach. The internet tackle guy at betty and nicks said its epic and nothing like hes ever seen. Since you guys fish there a lot I was hoping someone here had a dose of reality. Is it really that good? I mean they had 50 weigh ins but that was sunday. What do you guys think I was going to go there saturday. Is it crowded and how long do you think these stripers will stay around? thanks

Quote Originally Posted by porgy75 View Post
    congrats clamchucker. Well it seems like its on at island beach. The internet tackle guy at betty and nicks said its epic and nothing like hes ever seen. What do you guys think I was going to go there saturday. Is it crowded and how long do you think these stripers will stay around? thanks
    You have to realize that John is in business to make money. If fish are being caught he tends to over-exaggerate it. It has been slow for him so long that he has to make all of his profit for the year in the next 2 months. He cannot do that if folks are on the fence about coming down. Read all tackle shop reports with a grain of salt and you will be ok. my fishing this morning was sporadic. I had 4 fish at first light in a 20 minute period and then did not get the last one until 2 hours later. A lot of the younger folks will drive around and run and gun. I am too old for that. I try to get there early and figure out where I want to fish. I stay there and hope I don't get mugged. If it gets too crowded I will leave.
    As for coming on the weekend there may be fish then but today the activity was substatially less than monday or tuesday. The northeast wind put a crimp in the fishing and it is possible the fish that were here on tuesday have moved on. You can't tell that by reading a tackle shop or internet report. Best to come on down., come early and if at all possible try to pick a week day to fish. Good luck

Nice going on the catching clamchucker. Heard it was over by 9am today and there were still mongol hordes waiting to get in.