Quote Originally Posted by J Barbosa View Post
South wind made it hard to fish tonight but my brother and I still managed a few. He caught six total and I caught two on swim shads.

I spent a lot of time throwing a heavy duty 7" shad and got a bunch of missed hits...

I was throwing shads last night too John,,,but you guys must have had a better wind window......nice effort...it seems these fish just moved in this week...regards to your brother as well.....

There are some nights where you know you have to be out there because the pending weather conditions dictate it.....
I missed a few of those nights this fall because of other obligations.....

The last time I was out....the bite should have been incredible as it was in front of a noreast weather pattern....so say I was disappointed with the results, (a few bumps over several hours) is an understatement......

I know the patterns and nights that will bring double digit or larger fish.....
When you hear me and others complain here it is not because we can't catch fish (although a few nights of poor results will sometimes have us starting to question our abilities...)..but because we are not finding them.....in numbers like we did, just a few short years ago......