Thread: NJ Fishing Reports for November 2013...www.StripersAndAnglers.com

Hybrid View

Quote Originally Posted by Mike O View Post
    Same thing for me. Put in an all nighter with nothing to show for it. Then finally right before dawn I got a solid hook-up, i was so excited I nearly S**T myself the fish was running up and down the beach! It seemed like forever (it was only about 2or 3 minutes) I get the fish into the wash it takes another couple of small runs, I finally get it onto the beach! IT'S A FRIGGIN DOGFISH! .
    Wow mike great story esp the part where you almost shat yourself lol! I didn't fare much better. Fished nomoco last nite between 5-11pm last of incoming and most of outgoing. Not even one fish. The wind died down and it was nice out, no one told the fish.

I know what you are going to say but no it's not a result of the dark skies mentor program, you just need a rich uncle with boat right now. I was in Brielle bait and tackle at 6 am looking for 9" Tsunami sand eels and they have none at all, gotta step the game dudes its a sand eel bite, shoulda went to reel life. All i had was 7 "ers but long casts were needed today. Got to the SSP grounds 7 45 and there was a good amount of fish n birds spread out as far as you could see but they were moving with tuna speed, would just be a random pop on the surface or sometimes 3 or 4 fish crashing on surface. At time it was national geopgraphic type stuff fish doing cartwheels and jumping clear out of water. The problem was they would only hit on surface and within 5 seconds of surface blast. saw a lot i couldnt reach usually just one fish then off it goes. Never the less put 4 in the boat this way. Someone had mono and couldnt cast so we dropped some tube umbrellas and they were all over it. a freak fog front rolled in 11 30 am and ruined the fun just totally shut things down and we had to leave it was so dense

The good news is the bad news all the fish were over 12 lbs, where are the shorts? not a good sign, I seen this with weakies they kept getting bigger before vanishing. If the motherload of cookie cutter bass 25-27" doesnt come in soon I am concerned. Seems like teh surf guys in this area had a shot at fish at first light based on the weigh ins.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	1470313_10200969793236367_1696347989_n.jpg 
Views:	5 
Size:	24.5 KB 
ID:	17733

Did the boat thing again today in the 2nd part of our club tournament scored another 29 bass only 1 short with 5 over 20 pounds largest 23 and 24 pounds the rest between 10 and 19 pound range. All but 2 were released. All fish were caught south of governors mansion( 5 miles further south today they Friday) between 6 and 10 am in 60 to 70 feet of water with 3 people on board. Then the pea soup fog set in so we quit do to less than 50' visibility we set out for a 3 hour ride back to Manasquan. Fish are staying off the beach where there is tons of bait. Sorry to report guys but friends of mine chasing Bluefin tuna in the mud hole are encountering bass headed to the SE from the NE by passing the coast.

Like shark heart said there are no small fish very . There will be no more Tsunami sand eels in any size until next year. Was told that by my friend who is head of sales for them they are sold out.

Pay attention to what history has taught us or be prepared to relive it again

Quote Originally Posted by SharkHart View Post
    The good news is the bad news all the fish were over 12 lbs, where are the shorts? not a good sign, I seen this with weakies they kept getting bigger before vanishing. If the motherload of cookie cutter bass 25-27" doesnt come in soon I am concerned.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	1470313_10200969793236367_1696347989_n.jpg 
Views:	5 
Size:	24.5 KB 
ID:	17733
    Quote Originally Posted by finchaser View Post
    Like shark heart said there are no small fish very . There will be no more Tsunami sand eels in any size until next year. Was told that by my friend who is head of sales for them they are sold out.
    Well if the meatmen like ****** ********* keep their limits and all the charters keep theirs soon we will be fishing for dogfish thats the only thing that will be left!
    I fished NoMoCo from 2-9pm today. I walked all over, did the long walk short walk and dear God please help me find a fish walk. It was real nice out and the fog coming in made me think of the nights that you old guys talk about when you bailed 50 fish or more. It even smelled fishy like bunker were out there or something. I thew everything in the bag and nothing. Was wondering maybe next time I should throw the bag in and maybe hit a stray striped on the head so I could say I came close. The only thing I came close to today was the skunk smell. Man it is depressing out there as most guys I talked to said they were not catching either.
    Rob sorry to hear of your accident if you need to borrow anything I could come up with a spare rod to lend. MikeO that story was funny you should put it in the story of the month thread. Sometimes you are the bird sometimes the windshield.
    Last edited by DarkSkies; 11-18-2013 at 01:38 PM. Reason: Individual's name....come on people you know better than this....thanks....