Thread: NJ Fishing Reports for November 2013...www.StripersAndAnglers.com

Hybrid View

lostatsea I fish south jersey and we have hardly had any big blues this year. Some coctails when the mullet were around but they were small. I think those big ones follow the bait offshore because they don't seem to like us down here.
    Fished cape may this morning, cold and rough water. El-skunko for me.

Got out this morning with my 10wt Fly rod with sinking line. Fished an area that had the wind to my back. I didn't see any signs of life and keep moving around. So I got the big today. Every one i bumped into had the same story. I'll try again later on in the week, Hope the striped ones show up soon.

Got out this morning. Sandeels all over. Picked up 3 to 16# on rubber eels. Released.

Quote Originally Posted by buckethead View Post
    Got out this morning. Sandeels all over. Picked up 3 to 16# on rubber eels. Released.
    Nice report and C and R.
    White Water Monty 2.00 (WWM)
    Future Long Islander (ASAP)

The bay temps had gone up but tonight with the nw winds they were down again. One small bass on clams. Not that happening back there so far. Will keep trying this week.

Right there with ya John on the skunk patrol!!!

I fished last night from 730-1am..Got out to the water and it looked Perfect! Good water nice ENE wind,temps are down..But came up empty Threw it all with only 1 good hit to show for it!..I had fish in this spot just the other night now nada!...My bud did hit a party boat yesterday and said the boat did great about 1/2mile-1mile off the beach..Lots of 15-20lb+ fish feasting on sandeels..Lets hope these fish/sandeels come in sooner or later..I must say this is the most inconsistent fall bite i can remeber in a while! Probably get back out this after till dark but definitly hitting a different spot...Well done to the guys that were catching last night!

Hry blazin I have been skunked lately too just not reporting it. Got out to nomoco last night and picked up 5 bass to 27 3/4" on a stubby needlefish. They were all fat! Feasting on the sandeels. Next time out you should be into them. Outgoing tide.

Fished from 6pm to 2am and caught one 26" bass

Fished last night 930-1am..Another slow night for Nov but escaped the skunk by the skin of my teeth! ..Managed 1 nice fish on a jointed black bomber..Didnt get a pic or tape on her..She hit the beach on a wave i went to grab the leader fish came loose another wave came and couldnt grab her in time to measure..Since it did hit the sand im calling it a non skunk night But i didnt physically get my hands on her..Ok maybe its 1/2 a skunk ...Looked to be 31-32in and had some weight to it..Fought like a beast making a few nice jumps!..That was all for the night had 1 other bump after..Water was calm and very light WNW wind..

Getting dark early now

My brother and I Fished from dark until 9 and caught two skunks.

Very nice bucket! I know they are there but just could not connect tonight. Fished from 6-9. Above shark river. It looked very fishy but lame results again.

Quote Originally Posted by J Barbosa View Post
    Getting dark early now

My brother and I Fished from dark until 9 and caught two skunks.
    Boy it sure is. Dont feel bad we all skunk out you had a good run there and were getting some nice numbers. Me too was sure tonight would be the night. Go figure. Like it was said the bait is def there. The fish are just not.

great going bucket head. Hope we see some more fish soon. I was at so-mo county and gave it an hour before dark with the vision eel and also with avas. Nothing at all and didn't see guys there catch any.