Thread: NJ Fishing Reports for November 2013...www.StripersAndAnglers.com

Hybrid View

Quote Originally Posted by storminsteve View Post
    Jigfreak I think it's part of the rules when you join there is only a minimum of one actual report allowed every 50 pages. You nailed that one spot on!
    Great reports. finchaser jbarbosa and dark you guys are out in every kind of weather. The wind was bad last night and sounded like a hurricane coming this morning. Congrats! I am headed out tonight hope to find some of those fish. Thanks for the tips.
    Wanted to chime in too and say how much I learned from you guys. I kind of like the bickering between finchaser and dark, and some of the other guys here. You learn something and at the same time you ask yourself if they are really as crazy as they sound!
    Fished nomoco yesterday afternoon till 8pm. Picked away at bass on a ava and redgill combo. 7 bass to 28 1/2, released. Went back this morning, got 2 bass but it was like the opening day of trout season. Someone must be shouting on the internet about the bite there because the difference in guys yesterday and this morning was astounding. You would have thought vanstall was going to be there and giving away free reels!

Nice fish gents!

Quote Originally Posted by cowherder View Post
    You learn something and at the same time you ask yourself if they are really as crazy as they sound!
    Fished nomoco yesterday afternoon till 8pm. Picked away at bass on a ava and redgill combo. 7 bass to 28 1/2, released. Went back this morning, got 2 bass but it was like the opening day of trout season.
    Real nice report cowherder, nice action. Having met a few of the guys, so far they have all lived up to the crazyness, with the exception of Dark who actually exceeds it.

Great reports all.
    White Water Monty 2.00 (WWM)
    Future Long Islander (ASAP)

Fished the same general area tonight. Dead as a doornail. Surf was a little dirty but fishable. Most inconsistent season in a long time.

Fished tlast night with my bud dave. Fished 8-1am started S and it was SLOW my bud got 1 short all I got was soaked from a wave that took me out, they were strong!! Bashed my hand up pretty good on a rock..so decide to move a bit N..next stopped had a decent fish flop off in the wash..then about 12-1am picked 3 in the wash super close in..Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Lb bass2.jpg 
Views:	1 
Size:	23.5 KB 
ID:	17689Click image for larger version. 

Name:	My teaser.jpg 
Size:	21.7 KB 
ID:	17690Click image for larger version. 

Name:	LB bass.jpg 
Size:	29.3 KB 
ID:	17691 got 2 on the black mambo minnow and 1 on my teaser!!!that made my night!! So not to bad..all these fish were REAL fat 2@24in and 1@20in..

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	008.jpg 
Views:	3 
Size:	31.7 KB 
ID:	17752fished ISB out going tide ...walked to the end of the picket line ...skunked ...saw one fish caught on clams .....snagged a fluke ....snagged a ava with a teaser .....good to get out ...

The boats hit this body of fish last week then the early week surf action- I think alot of the fish ended up in frying pans more so then moved on. Social media and a only game in town bite, bad for the fish!

Quote Originally Posted by SharkHart View Post
    The boats hit this body of fish last week then the early week surf action- I think alot of the fish ended up in frying pans more so then moved on. Social media and a only game in town bite, bad for the fish!
    The way they were talking about these bass on-line I kind of assumed there were dump trucks full of them. That's a good point maybe the party boats and all the keeping is putting a dent in the population. Who do you think is worse the party boats or the guys on the beach?
    Madcaster thank you for the report. Were there a lot of fishermen out that day? reported to be very crowded.

it wasn't bad were I was ....lot of people leaving as I was come in ....tide was on it way out ...only chance I had to go .....

Cool! Thaks for the response and betyter luck next time. The fishing can't stay slow forever.

Quote Originally Posted by baitstealer View Post
    The way they were talking about these bass on-line I kind of assumed there were dump trucks full of them. That's a good point maybe the party boats and all the keeping is putting a dent in the population. Who do you think is worse the party boats or the guys on the beach?
    Madcaster thank you for the report. Were there a lot of fishermen out that day? reported to be very crowded.
    The charters who take 18 fish (with bonus tag) there is just more of them then the party boats and if you dropped trolling lines last week it was easy limits. When i was on the boat all party boats from Belmar were there too, about a hundred private boats. A few hundred surf guys left with limits mon- tues, it adds up against THIS body of fish, Even the ones I chucked back maybe wont hit a lure again for a week.

Having said all that there could be another little further on Sunday's cool front haaa

Ever year a heavy school comes in first week of dec and sets up off monmoth beach or at Shrew rocks for the boats too, mark that down as a lock

^^^^^Good point sharkhart thanks for sharing it. Charters and party boats take so many fish its a wonder there are any left. I think I read here that guys from shore account for about 10% or less.
    I fished nomoco from 5-7. Low tide and I was able to wade out a bit on the bar. Perfect morning though windy. Birds and sandeels were around but no love. Not even one hit. Might be joining rob and montys knitting forum soon.

Quote Originally Posted by cowherder View Post
    ^^^^^Good point sharkhart thanks for sharing it. Charters and party boats take so many fish its a wonder there are any left. I think I read here that guys from shore account for about 10% or less.
    I fished nomoco from 5-7. Low tide and I was able to wade out a bit on the bar. Perfect morning though windy. Birds and sandeels were around but no love. Not even one hit. Might be joining rob and montys knitting forum soon.
    Careful with that knitting forum...its rough over there.
    Pebbles even makes fun of us.
    Lots of reports like yours of fishing nice water with bait around and skunkings.
    White Water Monty 2.00 (WWM)
    Future Long Islander (ASAP)