Thread: NJ Fishing Reports for November 2013...www.StripersAndAnglers.com

Hybrid View

Good to see you finally had a chance to get out ds. I had a good afternoon in moco. Picked up 10 bass to 30". Sweep was strong but the fish were there. Buck and pork. All released.

Nice reports guys!! I havent been out since my skunking Wednesday...Headed down to see grandma in T River tomorrow so gonna make some stops at some of my fav OC spots in the early morn NW wind looks a bit strong but who cares..Plus im gonna swing by the Grumps havent been in that place in a WHILE i got some $$ to spend and that guys got everything

Quote Originally Posted by Blazin420 View Post
    es..Plus im gonna swing by the Grumps havent been in that place in a WHILE i got some $$ to spend and that guys got everything

Grumpys the best shop on the island.

I fished near there from 5-8am today, one runty round bass on black sp

Nice catches gentlemen. I fished cape may this morning. Surf a little dirty but the waves were not too bad. 6 oz to hold. I had fresh clams and was looking for stripers but only 2 skates came knocking.

Decided to change it up and fished from 4-10am this morning.

Spot #1 sucked; no bait around and the wind was screwing up conditions. I managed one 14" bass there and my brother caught nothing so we decided to move.

Spot #2 had some spearing around but seemed void of fish.

I caught the skunk at spot #2

My brother got spooled by a really nice fish because he is an idiot. He also owes me a 7" swim shad too

Don't fish in super strong currents with a crappy reel...

Froze my butt off but sleep well all day today.

Well I went out to nomoc and just finished up. There were a lot of guys you would have thought the fishing was going to be great. Was thinking maybe they knew something I didn't. I tossed bucktails and the curlytail grub, avas when it was light, and also tried different small bombers and metal lips. Incoming tide, nothing at all, Did see 2 short stripers landed among the picket line. Very crowded.
    John that looks like some good looking water maybe you will have better luck next time.

Gosh it looks like its not even worth spending the money on gas after reading most of what folks are catching. What happened to the big blues did they all go down south already? it seems even the party boats are not getting them like they were 2 weeks ago.

Quote Originally Posted by J Barbosa View Post
    My brother got spooled by a really nice fish because he is an idiot. He also owes me a 7" swim shad too
    Don't fish in super strong currents with a crappy reel...
    Froze my butt off but sleep well all day today.
    That really sucks when decent fish is lost like that.
    Least he hooked up.
    I hooked up earlier this year with a fish in some nice current (also a rubber shad (Panther Martin)), really adds to the fight...lost mine too, but not spooled

Its extremely frustrating not being able to fish this time of the year, thanks all for the reports and pics.
    White Water Monty 2.00 (WWM)
    Future Long Islander (ASAP)

Quote Originally Posted by buckethead View Post
    Good to see you finally had a chance to get out ds. I had a good afternoon in moco. Picked up 10 bass to 30". Sweep was strong but the fish were there. Buck and pork. All released.
    Nice ^.^

My brother and I were out last night.

I had a small bass follow me in but didn't commit until it was too late so a skunking for me.

My brother caught this bass and had another one of similar size on for about a minute that hit at our feet and then popped off after a lot of splashing around. Released as usual.