Thread: NJ Fishing Reports for November 2013...www.StripersAndAnglers.com

Hybrid View

Got out this morning. Sandeels all over. Picked up 3 to 16# on rubber eels. Released.

Quote Originally Posted by buckethead View Post
    Got out this morning. Sandeels all over. Picked up 3 to 16# on rubber eels. Released.
    Nice report and C and R.
    White Water Monty 2.00 (WWM)
    Future Long Islander (ASAP)

The bay temps had gone up but tonight with the nw winds they were down again. One small bass on clams. Not that happening back there so far. Will keep trying this week.

Right there with ya John on the skunk patrol!!!

I fished last night from 730-1am..Got out to the water and it looked Perfect! Good water nice ENE wind,temps are down..But came up empty Threw it all with only 1 good hit to show for it!..I had fish in this spot just the other night now nada!...My bud did hit a party boat yesterday and said the boat did great about 1/2mile-1mile off the beach..Lots of 15-20lb+ fish feasting on sandeels..Lets hope these fish/sandeels come in sooner or later..I must say this is the most inconsistent fall bite i can remeber in a while! Probably get back out this after till dark but definitly hitting a different spot...Well done to the guys that were catching last night!

Hry blazin I have been skunked lately too just not reporting it. Got out to nomoco last night and picked up 5 bass to 27 3/4" on a stubby needlefish. They were all fat! Feasting on the sandeels. Next time out you should be into them. Outgoing tide.

Quote Originally Posted by storminsteve View Post
    Hry blazin I have been skunked lately too just not reporting it. Got out to nomoco last night and picked up 5 bass to 27 3/4" on a stubby needlefish. They were all fat! Feasting on the sandeels. Next time out you should be into them. Outgoing tide.
    I hope your right steve!! Nice job on the catching! I was in NoMoCo and had the outgoing,which has been good to me in this spot..Just werent there..

this AM 3 bass to 11 1/2 pounds all still swimming

Pay attention to what history has taught us or be prepared to relive it again

Fished from 6pm to 2am and caught one 26" bass

Fished last night 930-1am..Another slow night for Nov but escaped the skunk by the skin of my teeth! ..Managed 1 nice fish on a jointed black bomber..Didnt get a pic or tape on her..She hit the beach on a wave i went to grab the leader fish came loose another wave came and couldnt grab her in time to measure..Since it did hit the sand im calling it a non skunk night But i didnt physically get my hands on her..Ok maybe its 1/2 a skunk ...Looked to be 31-32in and had some weight to it..Fought like a beast making a few nice jumps!..That was all for the night had 1 other bump after..Water was calm and very light WNW wind..

Better late than never! Fished Sun. and Monday. Sunday evening OC - lots of bait in the water and birds out farther. Semi-skunk for me: sea robin on a DD. Monday fished MOCO and NOMOC - semi skunk again - school of hickory shad - caught a million on the teasertill I got bored. Saw some guys pick at a few bass. One a nice keeper. No gamefish for me, but just getting away to fish is a reward in itself. I am aiming for another go at it in early Dec. Tight lines my friends.

We need to start painting stripes on the Hickory shads, and start calling them gamefish. I like catching them on the right gear. It is a good fish to learn how to fly fish, and sharpen your skills

Nice going blazin and albany at least you beat the skunk. I fisned oc last night from 8-1am and picked up one bass 30" on a black needle, released.