Thanks to everyone for your well wishes! I did manage to get the tailgate open and get my stuff out.

Short Version- I got skunked again!

Long Version- I hit the surf sunday morning at 4am worked my way down into IBSP. It was crowded. My buddy Mike and I managed to find a spot further down which after a few minutes became our only little stretch. Casting practice up until about 7:30 when the action started picking up. There were boats out about 1/8 mile and we could see them hooking up and landing bass. Mike kept saying- we should go back to his house and get his kayaks. anyway- a school of shad starts busting sand eels in front of us. I try hooking up with one of them to at least bend the rod. Nada.

Mike snaps his needle off ( he has lost the same SS needle about 3 times this fall due to snap offs) so he ties on a yellow school bus jointed bomber. he threw that for awhile and then hooks up but looses it. then 20 minutes later hooks up again and lands a 13.5lb bass. As he was dealing with his bass on the beach- there was a pod of bass right in front of me hitting the sand eels. I threw a bone SP minnow (as that what I had tied on) then switched to a tsunami sand eel. not a touch! so frustrating.

I did not see anyone else with fish, as we got many looks on the long walk back to the truck. Mike weighed it in at Betty and Nicks- there were at that time 10 weigh ins.