Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: NJ Fishing Reports for November 2013...www.StripersAndAnglers.com

Quote Originally Posted by cowherder View Post
    You learn something and at the same time you ask yourself if they are really as crazy as they sound!
    Fished nomoco yesterday afternoon till 8pm. Picked away at bass on a ava and redgill combo. 7 bass to 28 1/2, released. Went back this morning, got 2 bass but it was like the opening day of trout season.
    Real nice report cowherder, nice action. Having met a few of the guys, so far they have all lived up to the crazyness, with the exception of Dark who actually exceeds it.

Great reports all.
    White Water Monty 2.00 (WWM)
    Future Long Islander (ASAP)

Fished the same general area tonight. Dead as a doornail. Surf was a little dirty but fishable. Most inconsistent season in a long time.

Fished tlast night with my bud dave. Fished 8-1am started S and it was SLOW my bud got 1 short all I got was soaked from a wave that took me out, they were strong!! Bashed my hand up pretty good on a rock..so decide to move a bit N..next stopped had a decent fish flop off in the wash..then about 12-1am picked 3 in the wash super close in..Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Lb bass2.jpg 
Views:	1 
Size:	23.5 KB 
ID:	17689Click image for larger version. 

Name:	My teaser.jpg 
Size:	21.7 KB 
ID:	17690Click image for larger version. 

Name:	LB bass.jpg 
Size:	29.3 KB 
ID:	17691 got 2 on the black mambo minnow and 1 on my teaser!!!that made my night!! So not to bad..all these fish were REAL fat 2@24in and 1@20in..

I got 3 dinks in 8 hrs and 25 miles lookin. Out front back Have to say my skies have darkened. Id say there is maybe 10 percent of the bass around as there should be

Report...went back last night for 2 hours hoping that pattern would repeat, as it has for me, for the last 10 years,,,and nothing.........not even a missed fish.......Hey, that's fishing.....

This can be explained by a lot of things....but for those of us who fish patterns, and eagerly anticipate that once we find fish, we will have them for awhile....these patterns have not really held up like in the past....

The best explanation I have for this (my experience only, others may have different opinions)...is that the fish are spread so thin, that it's very tough to try to discover a pattern......this has been a frustrating fall so far....every day I'm texting or talking with other fishermen who feel the same.......

Congrats to those who got out last night and managed to find a few....

Quote Originally Posted by SharkHart View Post
    I got 3 dinks in 8 hrs and 25 miles lookin. Out front back Have to say my skies have darkened. Id say there is maybe 10 percent of the bass around as there should be
    "Someone" texted me yesterday saying that I'm a miserable grouchy SOB. I'm damn proud of it.
    There can't be 2 darkskies in this world...if ya had me change your screen name to "darkShark"....... this site would probably crash....

** Just a reminder....as Sharkhart mentioned...here we are on Nov 3, and still no consistent surf bite for NJ....bigger fish have been caught,,,,if you can get out often you have probably been one of those catching them...there seems to be no rhyme or reason to this fall in NJ, at least for me,,,,,

The bright side is the beautiful fishing weather we've had for most of the Fall so far....and yet hardly anyone is out there at night to breathe it all in....

Quote Originally Posted by Blazin420 View Post
    es..Plus im gonna swing by the Grumps havent been in that place in a WHILE i got some $$ to spend and that guys got everything

Grumpys the best shop on the island.

I fished near there from 5-8am today, one runty round bass on black sp

Nice catches gentlemen. I fished cape may this morning. Surf a little dirty but the waves were not too bad. 6 oz to hold. I had fresh clams and was looking for stripers but only 2 skates came knocking.

Decided to change it up and fished from 4-10am this morning.

Spot #1 sucked; no bait around and the wind was screwing up conditions. I managed one 14" bass there and my brother caught nothing so we decided to move.

Spot #2 had some spearing around but seemed void of fish.

I caught the skunk at spot #2

My brother got spooled by a really nice fish because he is an idiot. He also owes me a 7" swim shad too

Don't fish in super strong currents with a crappy reel...

Froze my butt off but sleep well all day today.

Well I went out to nomoc and just finished up. There were a lot of guys you would have thought the fishing was going to be great. Was thinking maybe they knew something I didn't. I tossed bucktails and the curlytail grub, avas when it was light, and also tried different small bombers and metal lips. Incoming tide, nothing at all, Did see 2 short stripers landed among the picket line. Very crowded.
    John that looks like some good looking water maybe you will have better luck next time.

Gosh it looks like its not even worth spending the money on gas after reading most of what folks are catching. What happened to the big blues did they all go down south already? it seems even the party boats are not getting them like they were 2 weeks ago.

lostatsea I fish south jersey and we have hardly had any big blues this year. Some coctails when the mullet were around but they were small. I think those big ones follow the bait offshore because they don't seem to like us down here.
    Fished cape may this morning, cold and rough water. El-skunko for me.

Quote Originally Posted by J Barbosa View Post
    My brother got spooled by a really nice fish because he is an idiot. He also owes me a 7" swim shad too
    Don't fish in super strong currents with a crappy reel...
    Froze my butt off but sleep well all day today.
    That really sucks when decent fish is lost like that.
    Least he hooked up.
    I hooked up earlier this year with a fish in some nice current (also a rubber shad (Panther Martin)), really adds to the fight...lost mine too, but not spooled

Its extremely frustrating not being able to fish this time of the year, thanks all for the reports and pics.

Got out this morning with my 10wt Fly rod with sinking line. Fished an area that had the wind to my back. I didn't see any signs of life and keep moving around. So I got the big today. Every one i bumped into had the same story. I'll try again later on in the week, Hope the striped ones show up soon.

Got out this morning. Sandeels all over. Picked up 3 to 16# on rubber eels. Released.

Getting dark early now

My brother and I Fished from dark until 9 and caught two skunks.

Very nice bucket! I know they are there but just could not connect tonight. Fished from 6-9. Above shark river. It looked very fishy but lame results again.

Quote Originally Posted by J Barbosa View Post
    Getting dark early now

My brother and I Fished from dark until 9 and caught two skunks.
    Boy it sure is. Dont feel bad we all skunk out you had a good run there and were getting some nice numbers. Me too was sure tonight would be the night. Go figure. Like it was said the bait is def there. The fish are just not.

great going bucket head. Hope we see some more fish soon. I was at so-mo county and gave it an hour before dark with the vision eel and also with avas. Nothing at all and didn't see guys there catch any.

Quote Originally Posted by buckethead View Post
    Got out this morning. Sandeels all over. Picked up 3 to 16# on rubber eels. Released.
    Nice report and C and R.

The bay temps had gone up but tonight with the nw winds they were down again. One small bass on clams. Not that happening back there so far. Will keep trying this week.

Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast