Page 10 of 11 FirstFirst ... 891011 LastLast

Thread: NJ Fishing Reports for November 2013...www.StripersAndAnglers.com

Quote Originally Posted by clamchucker View Post
    As for coming on the weekend there may be fish then but today the activity was substatially less than monday or tuesday. The northeast wind put a crimp in the fishing and it is possible the fish that were here on tuesday have moved on. You can't tell that by reading a tackle shop or internet report. . Good luck
    Quote Originally Posted by buckethead View Post
    Grumpys had 15 weigh ins today. Add them to the 5 at B&N and you have 20. Add another 80 for all the folks who do not report and you may have 100 fish caught there today throughout the whole park. Most of those fish came at first light. At least 500 fishermen were in the park today. 100 is 20% of 500. Yessir that island beach bite is really stellar. not
    Thanks for the honesty clamchucker
    Good call gentlemen. The biggest body of fish is 2-3 miles out and beyond. I think the fish that were at Island Beach have moved on. A few Capts I know were into them near the inlet and to the HC area off LBI. Betty and Nicks was saying the same thing.

" 11/22/13 UPDATED 8:58 AM No fish anywhere on our local beaches. The 5 days of good fishing for the Fall maybe it. It might be over.
    UPDATED 5:07 AM Had about 20 fish weighed in and 50 reported yesterday, but for the amount of anglers out there yesterday, I guess that wasn't enough "

Very well stated voyager I agree. The amount and quality of fish that were close to the surf seems to have shifted south. I fished this morning and was not successful. I am sure some fish are still there but the level of activity has declined dramatically. I don't want to discourage anyone from coming down. It is good exercise and a chance to get out. John of Betty and Nicks and Grumpys need your business as well. The weekend should be beautiful. Come on down you never know what you may catch.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	008.jpg 
Views:	3 
Size:	31.7 KB 
ID:	17752fished ISB out going tide ...walked to the end of the picket line ...skunked ...saw one fish caught on clams .....snagged a fluke ....snagged a ava with a teaser .....good to get out ...

The boats hit this body of fish last week then the early week surf action- I think alot of the fish ended up in frying pans more so then moved on. Social media and a only game in town bite, bad for the fish!

Quote Originally Posted by SharkHart View Post
    The boats hit this body of fish last week then the early week surf action- I think alot of the fish ended up in frying pans more so then moved on. Social media and a only game in town bite, bad for the fish!
    The way they were talking about these bass on-line I kind of assumed there were dump trucks full of them. That's a good point maybe the party boats and all the keeping is putting a dent in the population. Who do you think is worse the party boats or the guys on the beach?
    Madcaster thank you for the report. Were there a lot of fishermen out that day? reported to be very crowded.

it wasn't bad were I was ....lot of people leaving as I was come in ....tide was on it way out ...only chance I had to go .....

Cool! Thaks for the response and betyter luck next time. The fishing can't stay slow forever.

Quote Originally Posted by baitstealer View Post
    The way they were talking about these bass on-line I kind of assumed there were dump trucks full of them. That's a good point maybe the party boats and all the keeping is putting a dent in the population. Who do you think is worse the party boats or the guys on the beach?
    Madcaster thank you for the report. Were there a lot of fishermen out that day? reported to be very crowded.
    The charters who take 18 fish (with bonus tag) there is just more of them then the party boats and if you dropped trolling lines last week it was easy limits. When i was on the boat all party boats from Belmar were there too, about a hundred private boats. A few hundred surf guys left with limits mon- tues, it adds up against THIS body of fish, Even the ones I chucked back maybe wont hit a lure again for a week.

Having said all that there could be another little further on Sunday's cool front haaa

Ever year a heavy school comes in first week of dec and sets up off monmoth beach or at Shrew rocks for the boats too, mark that down as a lock

^^^^^Good point sharkhart thanks for sharing it. Charters and party boats take so many fish its a wonder there are any left. I think I read here that guys from shore account for about 10% or less.
    I fished nomoco from 5-7. Low tide and I was able to wade out a bit on the bar. Perfect morning though windy. Birds and sandeels were around but no love. Not even one hit. Might be joining rob and montys knitting forum soon.

Quote Originally Posted by cowherder View Post
    ^^^^^Good point sharkhart thanks for sharing it. Charters and party boats take so many fish its a wonder there are any left. I think I read here that guys from shore account for about 10% or less.
    I fished nomoco from 5-7. Low tide and I was able to wade out a bit on the bar. Perfect morning though windy. Birds and sandeels were around but no love. Not even one hit. Might be joining rob and montys knitting forum soon.
    Careful with that knitting forum...its rough over there.
    Pebbles even makes fun of us.
    Lots of reports like yours of fishing nice water with bait around and skunkings.
    White Water Monty 2.00 (WWM)
    Future Long Islander (ASAP)

Sign me up for the skunk of the month club. Another few trips like that and I may add the knitting forum to my resume as well. Fished southern monmouth around sunrise and about 1 1/2 hours after. Few other guys fishing. None of us caught except a guy throwing clams he had 2 skates. This is really starting to get old. I would be happy with one striper.

Don't mean to poke a hole in the balloon fellas but it could be close to the end. A lot of the striped bass are offshore. The northern party boats and Capt Al Ristori reported a new batch. Allegedly many of them are in the 15" class. Baby bass with a few keepers mixed in. If they are staging to go up the Hudson they may not even run the beaches. Somewhere a fat lady is singing and will be in your neighborhood soon.

Was out there this morning, very windy, not one hit. Hopefully the cold weather they are forecasting for the next few days won't put an end to the season.

..I got out Fri night from 9-230am me,my buddy Dave and his newbie friend..Tuff night made 3 stops and Dave got the only fish 27in. This is the longest bad streak ive had in a while**...Nov is always bad for me i dont no whybut this year takes the cake!! ..I like Dec tho hope its better than this month...Have heard the boats out of the Highlands have been catching alot just all small 15-22in bass..Hope this cold front doesnt make all them lil guys run back up the Hudson.like bababooey said.I dont care what size the fish are i just wanna go out and get SOME action off the beach...Winds today are crazy and it LOOKS cold looking outside from my warm living room*..Hope to be back out Tuesday..Good job to those catching!

Quote Originally Posted by Blazin420 View Post
    I dont care what size the fish are i just wanna go out and get SOME action off the beach...Winds ..Good job to those catching!

Me too my rateof catching has been miserable lately! Fished cape may 3 times this weekend. Skunked twice got 1 skate on clams on the middle time. This really sucks I fished near an inlet, near some jetties and good spots on the beach that got me fish in the past at this time of year and nothing!!

A new body of fish moved in today off shark river, boat and beach fisherman got them, now your on your own. For the snot slingers they are on sand eels and lures are out fishing bait 10 to 1. Good luck my Thanksgiving gift to you.

Pay attention to what history has taught us or be prepared to relive it again

Yep finchaser you are right on the $$. Picked up 13 this afternoon. All shorts, one was keeper size at 30".. All on small plugs, chicken scratch and black bomber and loaded redfin. Still swimming.

Fished a bunch of spots on ISBP from noon till dark with the OFFC and came up empty. Did not see or hear of any fish caught. There was a group boats off the beach but they were 2 to 3 miles out.

Quote Originally Posted by fishrich View Post
    Fished a bunch of spots on ISBP from noon till dark with the OFFC and came up empty.
    I know how persistent the OFFC is, fishing long after everyone else leaves the beach...it kills me that you were not able to find fish...If the OFFC is having a hard time finding em, it must be doubly hard for the others out there. especially the new guys.

Quote Originally Posted by finchaser View Post
    A new body of fish moved in today .

That body of fish was moving fast.....I had a limited window to fish last night into this morning....3 1/2 hours tlll 7am...
    Covered many miles, not a touch....lots of dead water.....conditions were prime, good water temp, building SE swell throughout the night....with a little bit of white water mixed in.....but by dawn and slack tide that water was back to being calm again....

Congrats to all those who did well yesterday...ran into a few people I know last night,,,,apparently Sunday was even better for the end of day bite...some impressive numbers....but ya gotta be standing on the red X when the fish pass by...as some of those fish are fast moving and were long gone by the time I got out there......very frustrating season, to say the least...

Fished the boat this AM 7 to 9 was great had 17 fish to 18# tide dropped out and wind went south turned them off like someone flipped a switch. fish were deep and no bird life present. Tonight and tomorrows storm could end it as many fish today were shorts or barely keepers. rivers were 35 degrees this AM canal 37 degrees Manasquan river 38 to 42 and ocean 46 to 48 degrees

Pay attention to what history has taught us or be prepared to relive it again

Page 10 of 11 FirstFirst ... 891011 LastLast