Page 11 of 11 FirstFirst ... 91011

Thread: NJ Fishing Reports for November 2013...www.StripersAndAnglers.com

fishing NJ coast line ....incoming to high.... pick a spot that the beach was empty way south of the crowds....blind casting for an hour ....bird action north of us .....we could tell where the fish were by the moving crowed along the shore. they were getting closer and closer....I hooked up on a few bass as they pasted by ....the crowd past us by as well ....at least I caught some ...sorry no pic ....they were moving to fast to take the shot .....caught on a home made plug Click image for larger version. 

Name:	006 (3).jpg 
Views:	3 
Size:	30.6 KB 
ID:	17764

Quote Originally Posted by madcaster View Post
    ...I hooked up on a few bass as they pasted by ....the crowd past us by as well ....at least I caught some ...sorry no pic ....they were moving to fast to take the shot .....caught on a home made plug Click image for larger version. 

Name:	006 (3).jpg 
Views:	3 
Size:	30.6 KB 
ID:	17764
    Nice, great to catch on your own. Your lures looked like they would catch with sand eels around.
    White Water Monty 2.00 (WWM)
    Future Long Islander (ASAP)

Quote Originally Posted by madcaster View Post
    fishing NJ coast line ....incoming to high.... pick a spot that the beach was empty way south of the crowds....

Nice going madcaster! Away from the crowds even sweeter!

Nice going Madcaster. You make some really hot looking lures. They definitly look marketable, and they catch.

I havent been posting, I'm on vacation and tried to keep away from my computer, also have nothing to report but alot of . I fished days, and nights. I jumped onto sand bars, and walked miles. I went to spots that I always catch small bass and not even a bump.This has been the worst year since the 80's for me. I'm not even catching the tiny bass that would always save the day. I'm also not fishing like I use too, maybe 1/4 of the time that i use too. I might not be tuned in as some one that fishes every day, but I know where the small bass hang out and they are not there, I'm worryed about the future, it's not looking to good to me.

read thru many posts and seeing the same types of reports most are reports.

madcaster great report thanks for sharing. vpass that was a scary report thanks for the honesty.
    Report outside island beach, do skunk reports count? Fished a few miles above island beach this morning. The weather and the air were refreshing. Surf was too damn big. Threw A37 and A47 and they got tossed around like they were cork bobbers. Way too rough to keep in the strike zone. My .02. Will be having turkey this thanksgiving no striper as a side dish.

Ocean county 5-7am. It was windy wind at your back not bad. A little cold it got warmer closer to sunrise. The water was dirty and I think that was part of the bad catching. Saw birds feeding on sandeels but no stripers or hits for me. Didn't see anyone else on the beach hooking up either.

I can already envision the crowds on the beaches in a few hours.

I fished near my house for a few hours but came up empty.

Slammed them on the beach at first light I had 8 to 16# some of my friends had up to 20 all on metal, SP minnow and needlefish.

Pay attention to what history has taught us or be prepared to relive it again

Quote Originally Posted by finchaser View Post
    Slammed them on the beach at first light I had 8 to 16# some of my friends had up to 20 all on metal, SP minnow and needlefish.
    Great report Fin, congrats on finding stripes
    White Water Monty 2.00 (WWM)
    Future Long Islander (ASAP)

Quote Originally Posted by finchaser View Post
    you told us it was over! ha haa haa first year I sat out thanksgiving night since like ummm 98ish

I implied the end is near. It's not a night thing first light, these fish came out of mud hole with a ton of sand eels fish are mostly 18 to 24 inch with a few keepers mixed in water was 45.

There was skim ice on the creeks and lagoons this AM

Quote Originally Posted by SharkHart View Post
    you told us it was over! ha haa haa first year I sat out thanksgiving night since like ummm 98ish
    Yea I remember reading that too! He made an end run and had the fish to himself! way to go finchaser. I fished nomoco twice today and it was kind of lame. Got some short stripers on metal and redgill. Came back at 4pm and nada.

Great going Fin. glad there some action, and you got them. I was home thing nothing was happening along the beach. I'm starting to notice I'm gaining weight here. Should of went out just for the exercise.

Nice going fellas. Picked up a few short bass this morning. No keepers, 7 hungry little guys. Round, fat, looked like little tunny. Feeding on sandeels out past the bar. Diamond jig with red gill. Hope they stay awhile.

^^^^^I hope so too. I am getting a second fly rod together for the salt. Should have all the components by mid week. Its supposed to be 47 tomorrow- maybe I will take the echo 2 hander out tomorrow and try it in the surf.

Got into some of those late season shorties thanks to a hot tip even though they weren't big it was fun to finally cast into birds and chase em down the beach which i haven't been able to find all year. if it wasnt for that darn NE wind cutting down the distance i think i could have doubled the catch. Ended up walking a mile down the beach the never ending birds just a little south, kept me warm though. Saw ice skims on lagoons as i left before 10 am still.

Way to go^^^ glad you got into to them

Page 11 of 11 FirstFirst ... 91011