Page 4 of 11 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: NJ Fishing Reports for November 2013...www.StripersAndAnglers.com

Fished from 6pm to 2am and caught one 26" bass

Fished last night 930-1am..Another slow night for Nov but escaped the skunk by the skin of my teeth! ..Managed 1 nice fish on a jointed black bomber..Didnt get a pic or tape on her..She hit the beach on a wave i went to grab the leader fish came loose another wave came and couldnt grab her in time to measure..Since it did hit the sand im calling it a non skunk night But i didnt physically get my hands on her..Ok maybe its 1/2 a skunk ...Looked to be 31-32in and had some weight to it..Fought like a beast making a few nice jumps!..That was all for the night had 1 other bump after..Water was calm and very light WNW wind..

Better late than never! Fished Sun. and Monday. Sunday evening OC - lots of bait in the water and birds out farther. Semi-skunk for me: sea robin on a DD. Monday fished MOCO and NOMOC - semi skunk again - school of hickory shad - caught a million on the teasertill I got bored. Saw some guys pick at a few bass. One a nice keeper. No gamefish for me, but just getting away to fish is a reward in itself. I am aiming for another go at it in early Dec. Tight lines my friends.

We need to start painting stripes on the Hickory shads, and start calling them gamefish. I like catching them on the right gear. It is a good fish to learn how to fly fish, and sharpen your skills

Nice going blazin and albany at least you beat the skunk. I fisned oc last night from 8-1am and picked up one bass 30" on a black needle, released.

Quote Originally Posted by vpass View Post
    We need to start painting stripes on the Hickory shads, and start calling them gamefish. I like catching them on the right gear.

If the regs dont change soon they and the bluefish and sea robins will be the official nj gamefish.

Skunk at IBSP- Followed some intel to a spot they were yesterday but gone today, how a S wind day is better then a nice strng NW is beyond me, things are at all time low!

Quote Originally Posted by jigfreak View Post
    If the regs dont change soon they and the bluefish and sea robins will be the official nj gamefish.

Haha so true vpass and jigfreak!
    We will be having trophy hickory shad contests! I think we can pull it off they already call them Jersey tarpon do you think tourists from Canada would fly in to NJ if we played up that angle. Come to Jersey catch a tarpon without going to Florida! Good ad slogan?

skunk report - fished this morning in moco the water was like a lake. northwest wind 15mph perfect!! Fished 5-7. Tossed jigs, bucktails, vision eels, and plugs not a thing was interested.

Well at least someone is catching. I fished somoco from 7:30- 8:30 with the SP and ava and teaser. Skunk city

Quote Originally Posted by storminsteve View Post
    I think we can pull it off they already call them Jersey tarpon do you think tourists from Canada would fly in to NJ if we played up that angle. Come to Jersey catch a tarpon without going to Florida! Good ad slogan?
    How about " Come to Nj where you can catch a fraction of a tarpon for a fraction of the cost!"

Fished all night...Monty marathon x2

Im numb all over its so cold out!

Fish were caught on light jig heads and 4" shad bodies fished on the bottom.

Quote Originally Posted by J Barbosa View Post
    Fished all night...Monty marathon x2

Im numb all over its so cold out!

Fish were caught on light jig heads and 4" shad bodies fished on the bottom.
    wish I was out there, man I miss fishing in the cold, lol. Good to hear you caught some fish.
    White Water Monty 2.00 (WWM)
    Future Long Islander (ASAP)

I no how u feel JB it DAMN COLD last night!!

Got out last night..I think i was TOO tired from the 3hrs of sleep the night before!Fished 830-130am..Couldnt get my rhythm going last night missed a few nice hits My bud dave managed 3 fish 2 shorts and 1 nice dinner sized 28.5in..The shorts hit my black/olive teaser(which i was siked about )bigger fish nailed a SS needle in the wash..It was calm and COLD last night..There were definitly more fish to be had i just sucked last night .. we were all alone..The way i like it!

The OFFC decided to try Island Beach yesterday. plugged from 2 to 7 PM. only caught a big skunk. it was cold but it looked fishy.

Quote Originally Posted by robmedina View Post
    How about " Come to Nj where you can catch a fraction of a tarpon for a fraction of the cost!"

haha rob NJ the Tarpon state!
    Fished nomoco last night it should be given a new name "no-mo-spotburns" God was it crowded! I saw one nice fish caught and managed 2 myself on bucktail and pork rind. Its time to move S for places where the internet reports dont go lol! My fish were 24" and 31" released. blazin sure was cold out! I hope this cold weather keeps the fair weather fishermen safe and cozy in their houses. Come on NW we need some strong blows!

Quote Originally Posted by fishjay View Post
    The OFFC decided to try Island Beach yesterday. plugged from 2 to 7 PM. only caught a big skunk. it was cold but it looked fishy.
    Nice report gents. I didn't realize you fished down our way. Grumpys only had one weigh in today and 3 yesterday. When you consider at least 100 guys were down here each day this weekend thats lame.
    It has looked very fishy lots of sandeels and some bunker around. I fished the last 3 nights for one 12# bass. Lousy fall so far.

Did the boat thing in 70 feet 2 1/2 miles off Island beach we had 14 bass to 17 pounds and about 20 bluefish to 14 pounds all released closest fish to beach were a few in 40' at first light

Pay attention to what history has taught us or be prepared to relive it again

All right finchaser sounds like a good day! Most of the boats didn't even do half that well. Mind if I ask what you were using?

Finchaser way to go you pulled some rabbits out of a hat I read a report from the miss barnegat light and they only got a few fish. I fished lbi tonight, ava jig before sunset and a black vision eel after. caught one skate. Getting ready to hang myself.

I can confirm what fishinmission said. Most of the bigger fish are being taken at night and end of day. There is very little activity in the park during the daytime. I have managed a few at sunrise on swimming plugs because that is what I like to fish and casting metal over and over hurts my shoulder. The fish are very spread out this year. Much more bait than fish.

Page 4 of 11 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast