Page 5 of 11 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: NJ Fishing Reports for November 2013...www.StripersAndAnglers.com

1 small bass very early Sat. The ocean was dead calm. I have not seen it that flat in years.

started off in the park. fished a few different spots. nada. went to lbi to fish the rocks and at least I got into a hick shad blitz. jeesh I forget what its **** to catch a bass.

Quote Originally Posted by surferman View Post
    Finchaser way to go you pulled some rabbits out of a hat I read a report from the miss barnegat light and they only got a few fish. I fished lbi tonight, ava jig before sunset and a black vision eel after. caught one skate. Getting ready to hang myself.

We were fishing at 6am off seaside throwing green tail AVA into swirling fish and diving birds by 7:30 the schools were pushed off shore and sounded do to the weekend warriors driving into center of schools. the Miss Barnegat light and Doris Mae 5 didn't arrive till 8:30 by then it was over we went on troll and continued to catch blues. It was just starting up again when wind went south the final kiss of death, To put that catch together we left the dock at 5:15 AM and got back to the slip at 6:30 PM it was only silly fishing for 1 1/2 hours out of 12, we fish hard or not at all. We were in our club tournament (MRMTC) today we didn't fish do to gale force winds

Pay attention to what history has taught us or be prepared to relive it again

Quote Originally Posted by finchaser View Post

We were fishing at 6am off seaside throwing green tail AVA into swirling fish and diving birds by 7:30 the schools were pushed off shore and sounded do to the weekend warriors driving into center of schools. the Miss Barnegat light and Doris Mae 5 didn't arrive till 8:30 by then it was over we went on troll and continued to catch blues. It was just starting up again when wind went south the final kiss of death, To put that catch together we left the dock at 5:15 AM and got back to the slip at 6:30 PM it was only silly fishing for 1 1/2 hours out of 12, we fish hard or not at all.

Old-school discipline and determination by the old salts.
    I remember the years fishing on boats. Many good memories, but there was always the yahoo that would come into the middle of the action and put the fish down. I lost count of all the times I tried to explain things diplomatically to the Capts who did .......that they were ruining it for us all. It sometimes resulted in "Hey I'm sorry guys, I'm new at this" ...

But more often than not, with the selfish offender telling us to eff ourselves, and then me getting into a shouting match with the other party....this taught me from early on, that's best to avoid the crowds....not worth the aggravation.....
    Sometimes ya can't fix stupid. Some of those who are not self-aware, are perfectly happy living in that world....

Nice report, Fin, glad to see ya got fish.
    I fished 2 1/2 hours last night, good tide, plenty of bait around, clear clean ocean water. What more could you ask for? A fish or 2 might have been nice...there was nothing at the stops I made.

Quote Originally Posted by Mike O View Post
    1 small bass very early Sat. The ocean was dead calm. I have not seen it that flat in years.
    Agreed - when it has been that calm at night and the sandeels are here I can catch them with small plugs and magdarters. Its so lame I haven't had a fish on a magdarter in almost 1 1/2 months. At least you got something for your troubles.

finchaser awesome report way to catch em up! Did you place in the tourney?
    I fished moco this afternoon from 2-4:45. Pretty dead no signs of life. There are a bunch of sandeels around saw birds picking at them about 100' out. Not a fish was swirling.

Fished 6 times in the last 5 days. nights, mornings, middle of day at high tide, middle of night at high tide. Nothing until I was out this afternoon and picked up a few fish in moco. Bass surfaced and began feeding on sandeels for about 1/2 hour around 2:30pm. 2 bass to 14 pounds released. Ava with red tail. After that it went back to the dead ocean again.

Fished yesterday afternoon 330-530pm..It was more of a scouting trip then anything else walked a few spots and found some good holes that should produce in the dark on the right tide..I got skunked but lets hope some of those spots pay off!... There were fish caught just not were i was

^^^^At least you tried blazin. I was out this morning and scouting after my skunk in somoco. No fish for me but they are dredging and there are a lot of sand bars and cuts down there. Also checked them out so I can come back at high tide and hope to find some fish then. The ocean is flat like a lake today. nice going on the catches buckethead and finchaser.

Ocean county from 4-7am outgoing tide. There was bait over the bar sandeel city but no fish near it. Skunk

I was out there this morning again, and again flat seas, but a beautiful day. Just fished a few hours, nothing to report except one guy lifted a nice fish a couple of hundred yards from where I was. Him and a few other guys were casting to some birds working, but it was short lived. That was the only fish I saw caught from where I was. Lucky him whoever he was.
    Mike O

I saw the same thing in south seaside mike. Flat sea birds off in the distance. Fished from 3pm till now not a tap peck or bump. Is the fat lady warming up? . It looked like an ice skating rink today. That should make it a lot easier to see fish out there. Well I saw nothing. Even the birds looked confused.
    What about those fish in Rhode Island that a lot of the internet guys were promising would be here?

It's funny when I read through reports on another big site I see posts like:

"This is the best fall ever" from guys who fish the same areas.

I've been putting in a lot of hours and my catch per hour really SUCKS this fall. I get little spurts of action here and there.

I just don't get it...I must be getting worse at this bass fishing thing the more I do it

At least I haven't resorted to black fishing just yet...

Quote Originally Posted by J Barbosa View Post
    I've been putting in a lot of hours and my catch per hour really SUCKS this fall. I get little spurts of action here and there.

I just don't get it...I must be getting worse at this bass fishing thing the more I do it

At least I haven't resorted to black fishing just yet...

Me to fished ocean county this am and zippo. Worst fall in a long time. Blackfishing is good though if you want to fish BI you should get some greenies. Guys catching decent fish.

Late report from Sat, I was out for 11 hours without a hit, not sure what kept me out. forget everything I said before, PANIC!

Stopped in OC and moco yesterday, just to get some salt air. Went to my favorite places, saw a few guys out but no one was catching.

Fished up at the hook tonight. The ranger came and kicked everyone out. They are dredging the channel. Indefinite closure. I posted a pic. This sucks!
    http://stripersandanglers.com/Forum/...4318#post74318

Oh, and I got the skunk.

^^^^Always good to have a backup plan. Haven't fished there in years since the storms messed up some of the good holes. Where will the report chasers fish now?

Quote Originally Posted by jigfreak View Post
    Where will the report chasers fish now?
    I wish they would all stay home or go to LI. There are no fish in jersey. The blitzes have all moved to VA. They're catching bass in the Chesapeake now with sea lice on them.
    Somoco tonight 9-12:30 incoming tide. Bait was in the zone but no fish.

Fished monmouth county by a beach club. 3 hours at it and no soup for me! tossed the SP and the vision eel.

Went to bed last night at 8pm so I could get up and fish the night tides. Felt like I was 8 years old again....
    Made it down to the water. Conditions were fantastic, fishing was terrible....
    After 4 hours and 5 separate stops, finally managed a solid 15# bass on small swimmer, released.

Once the wind shifted N/Nw after the tide change, it all went downhill and I quit beifore sunrrise. There were no other hits or misses...lots of dead water.

Still, it was a great November night (50 degrees, not windy, beautiful water, light precip) to be out there....

Page 5 of 11 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast