Page 6 of 11 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast

Thread: NJ Fishing Reports for November 2013...www.StripersAndAnglers.com

^^At least ya found something DarkSkies!

Fished today and what can i say but ...I fished 7hrs(430am-1230pm),5 towns,4different jettys and a crap load of beach with some good structure and couldnt stir up a single BITE!! Nothing!! Conditions were fine in the dark till about 6am then mother nature turned on the ***** switch!Temp dropped close to 15deg from 50 down to mid/upper 30's and the wind went from 10-15 W to 20-30NNW!! Snow was covering my sweatshirt and its was down right COLD!! Water was clean and looked great with a little chop and some white water around the rocks.Had some birds by me for a few saw a splash or 2,got my blood flowing but nothing was there...I just dont no..For Nov 12th,the conditions i had and the amount of bait that has been around you would have thought this to be a banner fall fishing day! I dont think its over,i feel we still have time left until then.. but its frustrating to say the least..Now they close down a good spot in SH(even if it was a mob scene)Man guys are gonna start jumping off the Highlands Bridge pretty soon...What can ya do but keep plugging away..Im a glass half full kinda guy so im not going down that easy!! Lets see what the rest of the week brings

Thanks for the positivity blazin....it's needed to balance out my doom and gloom....every day Pebbles says I remind her more and more of the grouchy basstid finchaser..........

Maybe I lost sight of something in that post...have been trying to keep the length of my posts down.....but I should have also mentioned how much fun it was to hook into that fish....it took her a second to realize she was hooked...she barely hit the plug...but then she ran a bit....peeled some drag......and it was the adrenalin rush I needed to put me out there for some more trips.......so thanks for the positivity and uplifting reports Blazin, from you and others.

I have been so focused on how good fishing used to be, lately, and dealing with the Comm guys who say the bass are healthier than ever that I may have lost sight of some of the joy I used to have........may we never lose sight, of how much fun fishing actually can be.....

Have also been hearing a lot of negativity from some of the better fishermen out there......
    I ask some of our members to help me post some pics for SharkHart...as he advised me today he's retiring from fishing....
    http://stripersandanglers.com/Forum/...to-Panic/page2

**Let's try our best to cheer this mook up.......and get him back in the game again.....

Quote Originally Posted by Blazin420 View Post
    ^^At least ya found something DarkSkies!

Fished today and what can i say but ...I fished 7hrs(430am-1230pm),5 towns,4different jettys and a crap load of beach with some good structure and couldnt stir up a single BITE!! Nothing!! Conditions were fine in the dark till about 6am then mother nature turned on the ***** switch!Temp dropped close to 15deg from 50 down to mid/upper 30's and the wind went from 10-15 W to 20-30NNW!! Snow was covering my sweatshirt and its was down right COLD!!What can ya do but keep plugging away..Im a glass half full kinda guy so im not going down that easy!! Lets see what the rest of the week brings
    Wow dude that is dedication! 30mph must have been cold! At least you were out there trying. I can't fish much till the weekends but wll try to get out before that and post a report. Like ds said many times you can't catch them from a couch and dark wtg on the 15lber!

3 nights ago we got a few 10-12 pound bass in the raritan bay. on clams. Tonight it was frigid no action at all. This deep freeze is going to push out every bass from every bay except for the hudson river. Look for some good striper action on the ocean side in the next few days because they will be frozen into ice if they stay. Readings tonight went down to 36 degrees.

No prob DS i try to stay as positive as possible with most things in my life!! Its better than being a "debbie downer"all the time LOL!! I will say i got a call last night that put a little damper on my positivity..I should have zigged instead of zagged yesterday..Thats all i say...But still thats life and that definitely surfcasting for ya! Ill be out there regarless of weather,reports,skunks,zombie apocalypse ectIt dosent matter..Like DS said all it takes is 1 night with 1 fish to get you back on the lighter side of things!! Get out there guys,dont wait for some report to get you going! Make it yourself its alot more fun!! And if a skunk gets in your way get that stink off ya and do it again!! Its fishing guys it "suppose" to be fun hahaha... Thats my uplifting comment for the day

Fished all day today. Long day. 7 bass to 19lbs, all keepers. Smallest was 11lbs. Nice fat fish. all released. Got on various - bucktails in the dark, pencil poppers in the morning, when there was a lot of peanut bunker. Picked away the rest of the day until an hour before dark when there was a short bite as well. Fish later on were on diamond jigs with red tail. The wind was brutal and not kind. Eventually wasn't so bad. Lot easier to deal with when you are catching. Lots of fishermen on the beaches today.

Nice going bucket! Saw Capt Rons latest video might be taking a boat trip this weekend.

bucket great job way to tough it out! The wind was howling all day you must feel like an icicle!

Quote Originally Posted by buckethead View Post
    Fished all day today. Long day. 7 bass to 19lbs, all keepers. Smallest was 11lbs. Nice fat fish. all released.
    Great report, some real fall fishing.
    White Water Monty 2.00 (WWM)
    Future Long Islander (ASAP)

I caught fish today far away from others...they were on spearing again.

I heard the crowds are getting bad out there

WTG Buckethead!! Thats a good day right there! Your right about catching in the cold..When your catching it aint so cold..But get skunked on a cold day and you think you standing in a freezer with no clothes on haha..

Also nice job J on avoiding the crowd and still catching fish well done bud!! Planning on getting out tm night i really hope that skunk doesnt folow me for a 4 time...

fished outgoing at SH...only time I had ......skunked ....but a guy in a boat drifting right in front of me kept hooking up on shorts ....I had one 4oz ava with green tail which I could get out far enough ...some times I had to wait for the boat to go by before I could cast ... after a few cast I snapped it off ...hence screen name madcaster .....threw a bunch of stuff ....only one in my area ....

^^^^ Was fishing nomoco this morning. One 32" bass at sunrise on diamond jig released. madcaster you said you were throwing a 4oz ava. I use them most often when the seas or winds are rough with big swells. I was using an A17 today. It was windy this morning-- not that bad. Did you ever try a deadly ****? They cast a lot better into the wind and you can downsize on the weight. Also easier to bounce on the retrieve. Give that a try next time and hope you have better luck out there. nice going buckethead.

great to hear that someone is catching. I have been catching lots of skunks! cape may to lbi. Fished lbi this morning and it was perfect fall weather. no one told the fish. oh well. congratulations guys!

Fished some sand beaches in ocean county. walked maybe 1 mile total 5-7am today. 2 sundials and a skate on my t-hex and teaser combo.

Nice reports gents I'm psyched to know the stripers are around! Hope to have a report soon.

Just got done at island beach. A few bass are around. Lots of sandeels. Picked up one bass for dinner on a white metal lip swimmer. 32" and fat.

^^^^ Good to hear I was thinking Island Beach was dead. Keep hope alive and congrats on your fish.

Thanks fellas I was out there this afternoon and got 2 to 11lbs on a diamond jig. released They were pretty picky. Heard of a better bite in the morning. If you want a shot at nice fish its better to chase these fish and fish all day. I couldn't do that today had to work. Add that to being tired from the sandblasting NW winds yesterday and it was tough. The rewards were nice and made it more bearable.

You are giving me hope for the weekend only one more day! good job on the bass.

Page 6 of 11 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast