Page 9 of 11 FirstFirst ... 7891011 LastLast

Thread: NJ Fishing Reports for November 2013...www.StripersAndAnglers.com

I wouldn't care so much if there were alternative locations, but there is like 5 fish south of there to cape may total, maybe a bakers dozen north.

ok I am gonna give it a go this morning before work. If the bite is still hot like yesterday and I don't hook up I will be posting in the knitting forum from now on!

Fished the park this morning from 4:30 to 8. 5 bass all keeper size to 17pounds. Released. Best thing that worked for me was a diamond jig with green tail and a teaser. rob I hope you are not hanging it up yet. There are quite a few sandeels around and these fish may stay for a bit.

well I tried to go before work. a big wave took me iut and I got soaked diwn in my waders. I hung in there fir another hour. nothing going on. where is the knitting forum?

Quote Originally Posted by robmedina View Post
    well I tried to go before work. a big wave took me iut and I got soaked diwn in my waders. I hung in there fir another hour. nothing going on. where is the knitting forum?
    Since I can't fish....one handed knitting may be possible, I'll start a knitting forum for me and you.

http://stripersandanglers.com/Forum/...4520#post74520

Wow, my luck was bad with a shot shoulder and surgery, but its one thing after another for you.
    Really hang in, you are bound to have your luck change. You are really due for a great day.
    White Water Monty 2.00 (WWM)
    Future Long Islander (ASAP)

Quote Originally Posted by Monty View Post
    Since I can't fish....one handed knitting may be possible, I'll start a knitting forum for me and you.

http://stripersandanglers.com/Forum/...4520#post74520

Wow, my luck was bad with a shot shoulder and surgery, but its one thing after another for you.
    Really hang in, you are bound to have your luck change. You are really due for a great day.
    So Monty which do you actually prefer, knitting or crochet? LOL!

Quote Originally Posted by SharkHart View Post
    I wouldn't care so much if there were alternative locations, but there is like 5 fish south of there to cape may total, maybe a bakers dozen north.
    congrats clamchucker. Well it seems like its on at island beach. The internet tackle guy at betty and nicks said its epic and nothing like hes ever seen. Since you guys fish there a lot I was hoping someone here had a dose of reality. Is it really that good? I mean they had 50 weigh ins but that was sunday. What do you guys think I was going to go there saturday. Is it crowded and how long do you think these stripers will stay around? thanks

Quote Originally Posted by porgy75 View Post
    congrats clamchucker. Well it seems like its on at island beach. The internet tackle guy at betty and nicks said its epic and nothing like hes ever seen. What do you guys think I was going to go there saturday. Is it crowded and how long do you think these stripers will stay around? thanks
    You have to realize that John is in business to make money. If fish are being caught he tends to over-exaggerate it. It has been slow for him so long that he has to make all of his profit for the year in the next 2 months. He cannot do that if folks are on the fence about coming down. Read all tackle shop reports with a grain of salt and you will be ok. my fishing this morning was sporadic. I had 4 fish at first light in a 20 minute period and then did not get the last one until 2 hours later. A lot of the younger folks will drive around and run and gun. I am too old for that. I try to get there early and figure out where I want to fish. I stay there and hope I don't get mugged. If it gets too crowded I will leave.
    As for coming on the weekend there may be fish then but today the activity was substatially less than monday or tuesday. The northeast wind put a crimp in the fishing and it is possible the fish that were here on tuesday have moved on. You can't tell that by reading a tackle shop or internet report. Best to come on down., come early and if at all possible try to pick a week day to fish. Good luck

Nice going on the catching clamchucker. Heard it was over by 9am today and there were still mongol hordes waiting to get in.

Quote Originally Posted by SharkHart View Post

Spot on shark its the best game in town right now. Fishing is terrible north and south. The few fish outside the park are like needles in a haystack.

What clamchucker said as well. I was there at 4:45 and already it was starting to get crowded. Outstanding job clamchucker. I had the malioka today, Picked up 2 keepers on Pt jude pogee and teaser. Kept the smaller one 11#. Took 3 hours to find those 2. Most of the guys I talked to said yesterday was far better. Insane crowds and dillydocks everywhere. The second one guy would unhook a bass 2 others jumped in to fill in his spot. One guy tried to do that to me and I told him I would fillet him if he tried. He ran away like a little girl and moved down the beach. By saturday it will be dilly city. What I saw today was a slow pick. Did not have the luxury of taking off from work. I don't know how all these guys do it fish all day on a weekday.

nice reports i kno where im headed on friday. i dont care about the crowds i can fish clams in the dark if the stripers are there they will hit clams.

Quote Originally Posted by jigfreak View Post
    . The second one guy would unhook a bass 2 others jumped in to fill in his spot. One guy tried to do that to me and I told him I would fillet him if he tried. He ran away like a little girl and moved down the beach. .
    haha ran away like a gurl good work!

A likely senario is the sweep will be significant thursday and maybe stirred up some slow bite might thin the crowds some, but the less experienced anglers will be operating off all news for sat. Low tide @ first light is coming too, some dudes arent gonna understand how that all goes

Fished nomoco last night incoming tide it was cold and windy. Nothing at all for me. Anyone want to take bets on how long the island beach line is right now? jigfreak you are hardcore telling that guy you would fillet him. kudos.

Quote Originally Posted by storminsteve View Post
    jigfreak you are hardcore telling that guy you would fillet him. kudos.
    Agree, great line. Definitly not knitting forum material.
    These guys who mug us or try to take our spots need to be enlightened like that.
    White Water Monty 2.00 (WWM)
    Future Long Islander (ASAP)

Fished cape may area this morning. Beautiful surf and sunrise. Nada

Was at the park today at first light and did not do well. The northeast wind and swells affected the bite. Did not see any fish caught at all in the area I was fishing. It was crowded. Those folks driving down from far away would be best advised to wait until the wind shifts back to W/NW.

Grumpys had 15 weigh ins today. Add them to the 5 at B&N and you have 20. Add another 80 for all the folks who do not report and you may have 100 fish caught there today throughout the whole park. Most of those fish came at first light. At least 500 fishermen were in the park today. 100 is 20% of 500. Yessir that island beach bite is really stellar. not
    Thanks for the honesty clamchucker

clamchucker, bucket and finchaser thank you for helping to decipher the hype at island beach. I fished NoMoCo from 4-6 just got done. The water is beautiful. Lots of monty white water. I picked up an awesome skunk. Right now that hype is looking pretty good compared to what was in front of me tonight.

Thanks for the reports gents. Should be out tomorrow night. Hope to find something other than the skunk

Page 9 of 11 FirstFirst ... 7891011 LastLast