When I read that a guy calls someone out for mugging them, keeping a short fish, killing fish for no reason, etc., etc. I always want to show my gratitude for saying or doing something.
Peer pressure can go a long way in surf fishing. The more people are saying and doing something about stuff the more these clueless people will learn that what they are doing is not going to be accepted.

So this thread is posting what you or someone does in "educating" others on proper fishing etiquette and discussion about it.

Some things that come to mind:
How to handle fish when releasing them, no kicking
Keeping a short
Killing "garbage fish" for the hell of it
Mugging, fishing to close to some one
Shining a bright light indiscriminately fishing at night
Boats to close, indiscriminately plowing through the area you are fishing
Basically common sense stuff that is not proper etiquette

Remember, common sense needs to be applied, don't get yourself in trouble.

Stuff like Jigfreak the other day, nicely explaining not to take his spot while he is releasing a fish.
A fellow fisherman explaining the do?s and don'ts. Thanks Jigfreak, maybe next time they won't try this again.

Quote Originally Posted by jigfreak View Post
Most of the guys I talked to said yesterday was far better. Insane crowds and dillydocks everywhere. The second one guy would unhook a bass 2 others jumped in to fill in his spot. One guy tried to do that to me and I told him I would fillet him if he tried. He ran away like a little girl and moved down the beach. By Saturday it will be dilly city.