Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Peer pressure on Surfcasters

Quote Originally Posted by storminsteve View Post
    ^^^^^ Monty you are starting to scare me. If you went to island beach in november and took pics of guys who mugged you you might take 100 pics a day. Please God make it so that Monty can get back to fishing soon so he doesn't get arrested.

Not to worry. No way would I be in an area with a crowd anywhere near that.
    As for getting back to fishing....Got the ok today from doctor to stop using the sling (6 weeks after the surgery) Now 6 weeks of using the arm, no lifting of more than 2 pounds. Things are proceeding well (target is April 6th to be fishing).

As for muggers, for 2014 what will happen first, me taking a pic of a mugger or Dark throwing a mugger in the drink?
    White Water Monty 2.00 (WWM)
    Future Long Islander (ASAP)

Press release-
    "Local NJ fisherman arrested for going bezerk at island beach. The circumstances were related to the annual blitz fishing of striped bass. The striper fishermen were crowding each other and casting over each others lines. There was one fishermen among them all who would not allow this. Allegedly he went to unhook a fish and 3 other fishermen rushed into his spot, elbowing and pawing at each other to be the first ones to cast. The local fisherman, monty whitewater, was so incensed that he started taking pictures of each of them. A vicious argument ensued ending in some bloody and bruised fishermen. No word yet on the status of the camera that was taking the pictures. The fishermen, monty whitewater, along with the other 3 hooligans, was arrested and brought into local seaside police dept where they were all released on their own recognizanze with a future court date. These skirmishes have become more prevalent as striper fever grips these saltwater fishermen and the fishing season nears its end. There was also talk about a fat singing woman being involved in the fracas but there is no independent confirmation of this alleged part of the story. Further news at 11."

monty I can help out with bail money if that does happen

Ill kick in 50 for the bail. Monty go get em!

Quote Originally Posted by cowherder View Post
    There was one fishermen among them all who would not allow this. Allegedly he went to unhook a fish and 3 other fishermen rushed into his spot, elbowing and pawing at each other to be the first ones to cast. The local fisherman, monty whitewater, was so incensed that he started taking pictures of each of them. A vicious argument ensued ending in some bloody and bruised fishermen.

Quote Originally Posted by bababooey View Post
    Ill kick in 50 for the bail. Monty go get em!
    I always knew I could count on you guys

Quote Originally Posted by Monty View Post
    AHow about we carry a Billie club on our belts and when these inconsiderate stooges ask whats biting we take out a couple head lights with the club. Better idea than biting them

Ever see that movie walking tall?
    Sir get your tail lights fixed

seriously the aggravating muggers at the park are as bad as mosquitoes. There is no way to get rid of them. My .02.

Quote Originally Posted by cowherder View Post
    Press release-
    "Local NJ fisherman arrested for going bezerk at island beach. The circumstances were related to the annual blitz fishing of striped bass. The striper fishermen were crowding each other and casting over each others lines. There was one fishermen among them all who would not allow this. Allegedly he went to unhook a fish and 3 other fishermen rushed into his spot, elbowing and pawing at each other to be the first ones to cast. The local fisherman, monty whitewater, was so incensed that he started taking pictures of each of them. A vicious argument ensued ending in some bloody and bruised fishermen. No word yet on the status of the camera that was taking the pictures. The fishermen, monty whitewater, along with the other 3 hooligans, was arrested and brought into local seaside police dept where they were all released on their own recognizanze with a future court date. These skirmishes have become more prevalent as striper fever grips these saltwater fishermen and the fishing season nears its end. There was also talk about a fat singing woman being involved in the fracas but there is no independent confirmation of this alleged part of the story. Further news at 11."

lolol!!! count me in too!

The more people are saying and doing something about stuff the more these clueless people will learn that what they are doing is not going to be accepted.

So this thread is posting what you or someone does in "educating" others on proper fishing etiquette and discussion about it.

Basically common sense stuff that is not proper etiquette

Remember, common sense needs to be applied, don't get yourself in trouble.
    How about the clueless idiots that mention the exact location every time? There is one site out there I call it striper spot burn because there is no moderation at all. You can say you got fish at x street in ortley and they are ok with it.

This one guy named ********USER posts his location every time he fishes. For the last few times he has been fishing sea bright.
    How clueless do you have to be to understand this is not cool? sea bright has had beach replenishment issues, parking issues and access issues. Sure you can park in the municipal lot or by the police station. You cannot park where we used to park at something fishy or some of the local sb side streets close to the hook. SB may be 2 miles long but what good is it if half of that beach is difficult to get to. As a result there are a handful of beaches in sb you can fish easily. Everyone knows what they are. Dark you can delete this post if not appropriate. What I want to know is how idiotic do you have to be to post "I got fish in sea bright" and not expect to be mugged. I read part of this idiot's response he said when he fishes he likes the company. What a tool. There are so few places holding fish now that giving the county is enough info. You should want to do the rest of the work yourself. New generation, new fishermen, new tool-bags.

Quote Originally Posted by jigfreak View Post
    There are so few places holding fish now that giving the county is enough info. You should want to do the rest of the work yourself. New generation, new fishermen, new tool-bags.

Quote Originally Posted by DarkSkies View Post
    Please note: NO SPOT BURNING. Posts burning spots will be Edited or DELETED.
    Some veteran fishermen have put in years developing and learning about certain spots.Some of these spots can only handle a few guys at a time. We are losing enough access as it is, due to the unfortunate behavior of a few selfish people. No sense in making it worse.

**For some areas, it would be wiser to say:
    Out Front (Ocean) OR -- Out Back (Bay) -- if you feel too many people will figure out what you are talking about. "Spot burning" also could involve mentioning something specific only to that area. Remember that thousands of people could potentially read these posts. You don't want to be fishing next to ALL of them at the same time.
    1. If you are unclear on this concept, ask yourself:
    If I name this place on the internet, will it be too crowded for me to enjoy tomorrow when people hear I got 30 fish there today?

2. If the answer is "Yes", then you should probably not be so specific.
    More discussion on this:
    http://stripersandanglers.com/Forum/...ead.php?t=3763

Kind of ironic that one of the most well-known sites out there is now strictly enforcing a no spot burning policy. Not the one you mentioned jigfreak, another one.
    If you look at some of the language they use for "their" new format it's like they lifted some of it from the monthly fishing reports format here.
    Monty my final offer if you want to break some headlights of beach muggers I will kick in $70. Just let dark or one of us film it.

Quote Originally Posted by jigfreak View Post
    How about the clueless idiots that mention the exact location every time? There is one site out there I call it striper spot burn because there is no moderation at all. You can say you got fish at x street in ortley and they are ok with it.
    I like reading fishing reports, but information on locations never is a good thing. It is infuriating. Definitely bad fishing etiquette. This guy computer**** from that site is an absolute moron. It's like he is blatantly naming locations to annoy others. That is one fishing site that with the blatant spot burning does more harm than good.

Things are proceeding well (target is April 6th to be fishing).

As for muggers, for 2014 what will happen first, me taking a pic of a mugger or Dark throwing a mugger in the drink?
    This talk of me throwing muggers in the water is purely fantasy on Monty's part.......
    In all encounters with folks out there, I am courteous, informative, and helpful....pretty much following the Boy Scout handbook.... even when they show up unannounced 2 feet away from me on a jetty at night....yep....I am especially nice and courteous to that group......

After I'm dead, you can write all about it...in as much detail as ya want....

You people shouldn't encourage Monty to do things like this....ya don't know the loco thoughts that run through his mind when he's out there for 10 hours at a time walking all over on his fishing trips....
    If he knows you will bail him out, he might be more likely to go off the deep end.....

Monty, I bet ya are counting the minutes and seconds till April 6...

You people shouldn't encourage Monty to do things like this....ya don't know the loco thoughts that run through his mind when he's out there for 10 hours at a time walking all over on his fishing trips....
    pffft....you dudes are amateurs. someone mugs you cut his line and hand it back to him. Sorry guy - I don't know what happened - must of broke off on a underwater rock.

jf awesome gonna try it next time someone gets too close!

This talk of me throwing muggers in the water is purely fantasy on Monty's part.......
    In all encounters with folks out there, I am courteous, informative, and helpful....pretty much following the Boy Scout handbook.... even when they show up unannounced 2 feet away from me on a jetty at night....yep....I am especially nice and courteous to that group......
    Monty, I bet ya are counting the minutes and seconds till April 6...
    April 6th, will be out therein the early AM...somewhere fishing, I hate not fishing (its been 15 weeks).

My bad Dark, I was just kidding. Everyone knows about your legendary "friendliness" while involved in fishing.
    Its been said that if you are fishing in the wee hours of night and walk past Dark a simple hello is never enough.
    Having been the Most Congenial Surfcaster for 4 years straight, 2013 looks like a lock for him.
    In 2012 alone he has revived a huge red drum for a fellow surfcaster. Rumor has it he was fishing one dark, windy night when a boat (with a stalled engine) was about to hit land with a husband and wife aboard. It is said he was heard yelling in a calming voice above the crashing waves. "Captain you and your wife are in danger, please abandon your boat to safety". When surfcasters confront another surfcaster for mugging and are about to go medieval on their *ss , Dark is the calming voice out there. Its his calm demeanor that separates him from all the crazies out there.
    In 2012, he was a runaway winner. He sealed the deal when he found the headless torso. It was said when he met other surfcasters walking the beach he would ask them if they were missing a fellow surfcaster, and if they were he would tell them he may have found him...but without a head.
    And talk about jetty fishing...no one out there fishing jettys enjoys company as much as Dark. Walk past a jetty Dark is fishing form at night and you are bound to hear a voice from the dark, "hey you crony, lots of room out here on this jetty".
    My own story was when I first met Dark, getting ready to fish, 1:00 AM. As I was walking by him (he was also getting ready to fish) he said hello and kindly introduced himself .

Good luck in 2013 (Going for 5 years straight!!!!)
    This not fishing is driving me nuts.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	billboard.jpg 
Views:	17 
Size:	19.9 KB 
ID:	17815

^^^^^^^^ Guy, you must be joking or going crazy from lack of fishing.
    There was the famous 2011 incident when he found some Russian poachers keeping shorts on the spy house pier. He was telling them to throw them back and they were arguing back that they were keeping them. He gave it right back to them told them they were all going swimming in 50 degree water unless those shorts went back. It got really crazy so crazy that we were 1/4 mile away closer to belford condos and we heard the commotion. He is grouchy surly and somewhat crabby when the bite is not on. That has to be a sarcastic statement because that's not him on the beaches at night. Don's get me wrong he is good people and we had lots of good times out there at night. But congenial? Surely that's a joke you have to be kidding.

. Everyone knows about your legendary "friendliness" while involved in fishing.
    Its been said that if you are fishing in the wee hours of night and walk past Dark a simple hello is never enough.
    Having been the Most Congenial Surfcaster for 4 years straight, 2013 looks like a lock for him.
    When surfcasters confront another surfcaster for mugging and are about to go medieval on their *ss , Dark is the calming voice out there. Its his calm demeanor that separates him from all the crazies out there.

And talk about jetty fishing...no one out there fishing jettys enjoys company as much as Dark. Walk past a jetty Dark is fishing form at night and you are bound to hear a voice from the dark, "hey you crony, lots of room out here on this jetty".
    My own story was when I first met Dark, getting ready to fish, 1:00 AM. As I was walking by him (he was also getting ready to fish) he said hello and kindly introduced himself .

Good luck in 2013 (Going for 5 years straight!!!!)
    This not fishing is driving me nuts.

Sorry I don't buy it either. No offense monty.Next we're going to hear about him helping old ladies across the street. Inviting random people to fish a jetty with him? No way. Has to be sarcasm.

Quote Originally Posted by MONTY

My bad Dark, I was just kidding. Everyone knows about your legendary "friendliness" while involved in fishing.
    Its been said that if you are fishing in the wee hours of night and walk past Dark a simple hello is never enough. Dark is the calming voice out there. Its his calm demeanor that separates him from all the crazies out there.
    My own story was when I first met Dark, getting ready to fish, 1:00 AM. As I w.[/SIZE]

. haha he's going to kill you when he reads that -hey you crony lots of room on this jetty. Lol lmao!!

. haha he's going to kill you when he reads that -hey you crony lots of room on this jetty. Lol lmao!!

Well Dark seemed to have this perception of himself (see below), so it being the Holiday Season, rather than burst his delusional bubble, I tried to reinforce it.
    That's what friends are for

Walk past a jetty Dark is fishing form at night and you are bound to hear a voice from the dark, "hey you crony, lots of room out here on this jetty".

Aaaaaah......you embellished those stories, just so ya could use the word "crony"

My recollection of that first time when I met ya, I'm embarassed to say I said something like:
    "Who the eff are you, and how do ya know me!"
    Once I realized who you were, I think I was a bit nicer.......

Finchaser used to hassle me all the time about my friendliness out there....he nicknamed me "the Mayor" because he said I was too congenial, and it would come back to bite me in the foot.....he was right...as we have helped many newcomers who went on to disrespect the area, litter, or generally behave like loudmouths at 3am in upscale residential neighborhoods....

There is only so much you can teach the new breed of anglers....the rest should have been taught by their parents...tread softly and leave no trash.....lest you lose access.....one of the golden rules of night fishing......

As a result of losing so much access, and fisherman apathy about that, I have become much less friendly.....
    The stories you mooks posted are probably not the worst ones.....Monty went way overboard with the Most Congenial award and prompted those who know me to speak out in protest.....

But...long ago...that's the way I was with everyone....congenial and helpful........the rest of the stories, feel free to talk about after I'm dead...that's why I'm in the effumall club.....

Thanks for the laughs and ball busting people...it's always enjoyed.....

PS - Monty.....though I don't want to encourage your insane behavior....I would probably bail ya out...if ya got locked up.....but one time only......

^^^^^Should he get arrested we can protest outside the jail!

My recollection of that first time when I met ya, I'm embarassed to say I said something like:
    "Who the eff are you, and how do ya know me!"
    Once I realized who you were, I think I was a bit nicer.......

PS - Monty.....though I don't want to encourage your insane behavior....I would probably bail ya out...if ya got locked up.....but one time only......
    I still laugh about the first time I met you, I think three of your first seven words to me were obscenities.

^^^^^Should he get arrested we can protest outside the jail!
    Good to know you guys have my back...at least the first time, and a protest likely will not do me any good......
    Don't really think you need to worry, closest I came to some type of incident was a night three or four years ago I had waded out around 150 feet. In a relatively secluded area. At around 2:00 AM a spot light is on me. Then on a bull horn I was told to get out of the water. I had blown by a security gate. Ended up with a fine (talked them into leaving it at the Jeep so I could continue to fish). It took a really good effort to find me, kudos to the Rangers. I'll try Jigfreak's line cutting technique if I get mugged, which is not to likely as I stay away from others, but ya never know.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast