Thread: Who catches fish on Metal Lip Plugs?

Default Who catches fish on Metal Lip Plugs?

Its my favorite way to catch, this year most of my Bass were on wooden spook type plugs, teasers, plastic and Hogys.

Who catches a lot of Bass on Metal Lip Swimmers?
    I think Dark catches with them often.

Rip-Plugger catches a lot of his Bass on Metal Lip Plugs.
    Like this one

White Water Monty 2.00 (WWM)
    Future Long Islander (ASAP)

I use them frequently, but not this year all you needed was a teaser and green diamond jig by the time I started going.Maybe next year I'm getting quite the collection going and still building the kits I'm out of room for now for the lathe but I'm working on it.I'm toying around with different weighting on some of them now to see how they work out.
    Cranky Old Bassturd.

beachmasters are good, I also like the slopehead swimmers. They are pretty versatile. I will use them for almost any kind of bait at night except for when its a pure rainfish bite. They are a great all around plug for targeting bigger fish. Nice pic monty.

Quote Originally Posted by buckethead View Post
    beachmasters are good, I also like the slopehead swimmers. They are pretty versatile. I will use them for almost any kind of bait at night except for when its a pure rainfish bite. They are a great all around plug for targeting bigger fish. Nice pic monty.
    Thanks, these are Rip-pluggers pics from this year.

Another

been known to

Pay attention to what history has taught us or be prepared to relive it again

With the sad disappearance do the bluefish inshore this fall I have been throwing 90% rubber lately.

The BM slopehead cowboys swim awesome I do 3 and 4 oz. kits.
    Quote Originally Posted by buckethead View Post
    Cranky Old Bassturd.

Does anyone think with the mullet and big bunker around it is a good idea to be casting these right now? thanks

Yep but a little late for the mullet

What finchaser said. Dannys and metal lip swimmers are great when bunker or herring are around in large enough numbers to get fish in the mood to chase them. Unfortunately NJ beaches have less and less bunker blitzes because most of our structure has been buried by the acoe. The recent storms pulled some sand out and exposed some rocks. I don't think we will have a lot of blitzes in the future like we used to have.

That big plug mentality works best where you have big bait regularly moving in and out of an area. This is only my opinion. I have caught most of my bass this year with bucktail and pork or small profile offerings.

Last fall on the SS when the mullet and peanut bunker were moving through metal lips were money.

No disrespect but Super Strike doesn't make a metal lip swimmer. I assume that was what you meant by SS

Sorry dude I'm lazy when I type lol. My bad. The SS is the abbrev for the south shore of long island.

doing it on the large size has always done it for me weather the bunkers are showing themselves or not,there are always fish staged for feeding and they won't let a meal get by them so,I throw and throw until they give it a taste.
    has worked well for a good amount of years gone by,,,I am sticking with it and let the other guys wish.
    I don't over analyze the situation,I just get out there and throw the rotation with a mix and one of them will hit.
    I don't match the baits size,i try triggering the feed mode since I am not after 5 lb fish.
    Takes a Big Man to sling Big Wood,,,,boys sling plastic,,,,,,,

Quote Originally Posted by 7deadlyplugs View Post
    Last fall on the SS when the mullet and peanut bunker were moving through metal lips were money.
    I did not catch many fish last year on metal lips.
    A few blues on Rip Pluggers metal lips and a bass bass or two on his Side Winder.

I did not get in on the mullet action in 2015.

metal lips are the way to go for me when it's wood time!
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 2013 plug pix 240.jpg   Heavy-Hooksetter's Heavy Action Pix 830.jpg  

Heavy Hooksetter's heavy action pix 273.jpg  

Quote Originally Posted by Monty View Post
    I did not catch many fish last year on metal lips.
    A few blues on Rip Pluggers metal lips and a bass bass or two on his Side Winder.

I did not get in on the mullet action in 2015.

fine looking plug ya got there Monty!

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails DSC09508_zpsefc1a6e3.jpg   DSC09552_zps47df7437.jpg  

DSC09553_zpsb1e9e02c.jpg  

Got a few for 2 nights in a row, 2 weeks ago. The water was dirty. Yellow worked for me. See it did for you as well. Nice fish there ripplugger.