Thread: Solarez uv resin

Default Solarez uv resin

You guys may want to check into this resin similar to CCG.Solarez is the company's name.I'm going to give it a shot I'll let you know even though I like my epoxy.
    Cranky Old Bassturd.

What is the price?

Most of these need a UV light with a special spectrum and the same UV light doesn't work for all of the products.

Just something to beware of.

I purchased the kit 3 tubes w/ their light so it should be ok it was like $50 shipped.They origionally were a surfboard uv coating company.Wahoo international they just broke into the flytying end of it.
    Cranky Old Bassturd.

Let me know. I know they have the flex UV like popovics too. They are cheap on fleabay. Loon UV knot sense just came out with a better dispenser- I like it much better than the normal tube and it cost the same.

Shimano uses something like that on there guides, which they latter found out accelerates rust because of a chemical reaction with the guides and most metals

Pay attention to what history has taught us or be prepared to relive it again

Interesting Bob Thanks for the info.I'm just giving it a shot for quick last minute uses, I will probably stick with epoxy since I use so much of it on plugs.BTW I purchased the kit and just received it, the H/O light didn't come with a lithium battery so I need to go find that the other light they sell uses AA batteries so never assume they both take the same battery.
    Cranky Old Bassturd.

So I used this stuff and to me if you don't want something done right away it is a waste of money, a buddy of mine who uses CCG tried mine and said it was the same thing.First off it builds your head up too much I've done several teasers with it and the same results, it may be better suited for shaping surfcandies and epoxy flies.I also found it doesn't cover well when it misses a spot you need to redo it which continually builds up the head.I think epoxy is my preferred method like I said it's only benefit is speed of curing and I have a spinner so that's not an issue for me.I'm sure I can find a use for the light possibly blinding someone breaking into my house lol.I'll find some use for it if not lets just say it won't be the first $50 I threw out on fishing crap.
    Cranky Old Bassturd.