If it seems like some of the other posts were yelling at you too much...please think again....I know you are a responsible Dad....the best parents know they can't keep their children in a plastic bubble forever.....They need to let them strike out on their own...and allow them the ability to screw up.....

Unfortunately. with the loss in fishing access...kayak demand is growing exponentially.

I'll go out on a limb and say that although it saddens me to say this. I predict someone is going to get killed in either LI or NJ on a kayak this year....there is too little regard for safety and protocol out there....the sport is exploding....and it's sad but inevitable.....

None
of us wants that death, to be your son......hence the reason for some of the strong comments here........

Get yourself a kayak, go with him...let him be his own person...but hopefully you, and some others, can learn from some of the pointers I laid out here.....

If you want any other advice feel free to PM me any time....

I look forward to many more reports from you and him....and healthy times for us all this season...