Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: NJ Fishing Reports for December 2013...www.StripersAndAnglers.com

Well at least there is some life left in Iceland! Thanks for the reports fellas.

Fished this morning yesterdays rather large school has moved on out caught 2 micro bass and with Sundays rain/ snow and next weeks winter like temps I think we will hear her scream she's tuning up. DS control yourself

Pay attention to what history has taught us or be prepared to relive it again

^^ She is a rather large one.
    Fished oc sunrise and 1/2 hour after. One short bass on teaser. Winding down for the year

Quote Originally Posted by Mike O View Post
    I took the day off Monday from work and decided to catch the incoming tide. Actually that is all I was able to catch. At dawn birds were working, when I made a cast I caught something else A FRIGGIN BIRD! I reeled him in, he must of weighed at least 5lbs. what a fight!I would have gotten a more accurate weight, but I could not figure out how to keep my Boga grip attached to his F"in beak! Is their an accessory that I can buy for that? As I proceeded to untangle my line from it's wing (catch and release) whatever fish were under all the birds swam away into the sunrise. After that fiasco I just went home.
    Quote Originally Posted by finchaser View Post
    16 1/2 pounds caught on SS stubby
    MikeO funny story. Hope the fish Gods smile on you for next time.
    Congrats on the tourney win finchaser.
    Fished the atlantic ocean yesterday until sunset. Managed 17 bass. What worked was metal and teaser, and small plugs. Fish were mostly smaller but fat and aggressive. As I said most were very small, up to one keeper at 30", still swimming.

Nice catch and release on the bird mike. Sometimes a towel can help put it over the head and then work the plug out or cut it. Fished oc for an hour. Trying to make the fat lady go away. Nothing for me. Lots of rain and clouds but the water wasn't that bad. grats on the tourney win finchaser. With the small size of the fish we are seeing lately 16.5lbs is a beast.

Picked up 8 shorts this morning between 6-7:30 am. Diamond jig and redgill, ocean county. Finchaser nice work on the tournament.

thanks guys

Quote Originally Posted by basshunter View Post
    hey nice to see you posting again. on here I read something about you winning a tourney as well last year. If the kayakers are giving up that can't be good can it? I remember in the last 2 years you all were fishing in dec and jan.
    I'm sure the guys will still get out. But unless it is a nice calm warm day, I'll be fishing from the beach.
    Did pick up some shorts yesterday before work, all on metal.

got 4 shorts this AM they are getting smaller

Picked up many shorts on metal this am in Moco. They were very short. Had a great time with the light rod.

Fished moco today got a bakers dozen of shorts. like shorelady and finchaser said they are getting smaller. death rats. All on metal and teaser combo.

nice going guys and gals!

Tried to fish again today. Hands just couldn't take it. Buddies got plenty of shorts again. Went home and ordered more hand warmers and a zippo hand warmer.

^^^^ Wow shorelady looks like you have more cajones than some of the guys do! Way to get out there and still try. I fished yesterday from 2-4. Snow on the ground and slippery. Big surf. It was COLD!!!!!!!! Nothing but the skunk for me. Still don't want to give up for the year so I will keep trying until the weather shuts it down

Way to go bucket and shorelady. Your reports are still inspiring until that fat lady brings her cold hearted aria to NJ!

Thanks guys. Fished moco 6-7:30 end of the outgoing. Water is cleaning up a bit. Swells down. Some birds working but no fish for me. Maybe another tide change conditions will be better. Water was colder and fat lady may sing this week.

I am hoping for some stray fish to keep the big woman busy. Buy her donuts.

Fished this AM I had 9 all on mucho minnow my friend had 14 on SP and another had 6 we fished till the snow made it uncomfortable. I'm getting too old for this s_hit second thought nah

Awesome finchaser you are an animal!
    I fished from 12-1pm moco top of the tide. Picked up 5 shorts using light bucktail and white grub. Water was clean or dirty depending on where you were standing but definitely fishable.

fished this afternoon 3 to 5 released 7 bass all on jig head and rubber bounced on bottom fish were right in wash

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast