Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: NJ Fishing Reports for December 2013...www.StripersAndAnglers.com

Fished this morning had 3 in the16 to 18" range water down to 44 with allot of sea smoke guides were icing up.

Pay attention to what history has taught us or be prepared to relive it again

Last man standing - nice!

Fished this afternoon 3-5 brutally cold I had 5 my friend had 10 and my other friend had 2 we bounced DOA 5 1/2 inch jerk baits and Gags Whip it fished on bottom at a painfully slow pace with an occasional twitch as fish were very lethargic. My friend who had 10 got them on the old Vision sand eel. The fat lady is really really close

Quote Originally Posted by finchaser View Post
    Fished this afternoon 3-5 brutally cold -The fat lady is really really close
    The first and last sentences of your post say it all. I got out of bed at 5 am this morning and was going to hit the beach. Looked at the temperature and said the hell with it. I have to give it to you finchaser you are the last of a dying breed. The old salts who work for their fish despite lack of participation or internet reports. My hat is off to you sir.

Quote Originally Posted by buckethead View Post
    I have to give it to you finchaser you are the last of a dying breed. The old salts who work for their fish despite lack of participation or internet reports. My hat is off to you sir.
    x2 nice going there finchaser

Quote Originally Posted by jigfreak View Post
    x2 nice going there finchaser
    X3, great to hear you fished and caught.
    White Water Monty 2.00 (WWM)
    Future Long Islander (ASAP)

Nice job Fin..If i lived a bit closer id be out there.."Life" seems to be getting in the way recently..you no..Honey-do list ive been putting off for 2 months now ..Plus holiday stuff..Been trying to get out since Sun..I did get my xmas tree up finally(as my wife would say)So maybe that will buy me a night in the suds?May try Fri night and Sun am..Keep catching bud!

Quote Originally Posted by Blazin420 View Post
    .."Life" seems to be getting in the way recently..you no..Honey-do list ive been putting off for 2 months now ..Plus holiday stuff..May try Fri night and Sun am..Keep catching bud!
    Congrats fin you are one of the old salts that takes a licking and keeps on ticking! I have been trying to get the honey do list done too. Will try to get out there this weekend for one more chance but it may be too late by then. What a weird season this was.

I'm going to give it a few more tries before packing it in as well.

You guys are the true warriors! Hoo rah just like the marines!

Quote Originally Posted by surferman View Post
    X2 fighting like hell to keep the fat lady away

Quote Originally Posted by surferman View Post
    No we are just pathetic idiots who don't want to admit reality that the bulk of the fish are long gone. It will be a long winter and I don't want to face that fact yet.

Fished today 2:30-4:30. Cold but managable. Not that windy, still cold. Water temp was 43 degrees. Managed 2 short bass on smallest diamond jig and redgill teaser. Blind casting.

fished this morning we managed 30 fish between 2 of us air 18 degrees water 43 they are schooling up to leave.

Fished this afternoon same spot like past 3 days, and its the dead sea as Ristori explains in his blog after fishing with us its hit or miss.

Back to the drawing board in the AM

fished this morning we managed 30 fish between 2 of us air 18 degrees water 43 they are schooling up to leave
    That is COLD. Congrats on the fishing and catching.
    Frieking cold. Extreme.
    White Water Monty 2.00 (WWM)
    Future Long Islander (ASAP)

Fished this afternoon, and its the dead sea as Ristori explains in his blog after fishing with us its hit or miss.

Ya's are like the old farts mafia.....
    The only time I can recall in recent years that Al did not mention a location in his daily report....
    Hell of a way to intimidate the press ....... Nice work...the old farts still giving it hell, to the end.....

Fished ocean county yesterday, 3 short stripers on vision eel. Like finchaser said you had to basically drag it on the bottom.
    Today better condtions, some sun. One hit and missed it on the vision. No other action. Good job on the fishing finchaser it is really cold out there.

I salute you guys still fishing. The water is totally dead in cape may. A few doggies and skates. Some fish came through last week but who knows where they are now probably the chesapeake bay.

Thanks for the kind words guy's going out now to see if they feed before tomorrows storm.

Give em hell finchaser! Must be nice to live that close. Except for when storms like Sandy roll in. Good luck

Fished occo and moco this afternoon. Not a touch. Anything thats left is only the stragglers the bulk of the fish have flown the coop. After the storm as finchaser said it will be like picking a needle in a haystack if there are any left.

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast