Thread: Things you learned this fall.

Hybrid View

Good post SS. You think back to the fishermen of 50 and 75 years ago what did they use? Old conventionals, dacron line and penn squidders to throw tin squids. And bucktails and other tins. Seems that was the way a lot of fish were caught other than bait. Now we have the fancy holographic daiwa sps, the $21 new sparkling mag darters, and enough custom plugs to fill a navy battle ship. Do they help to catch more fish? Maybe. Its also possible that some of these plugs catch more fishermen than they do fish. A small ava with or without a teaser or redgill has been good for me this fall. So good its the first thing I throw. No fish in 20 or 30 casts and I try someting else.

Dark can't find fish for Pebbles

Pay attention to what history has taught us or be prepared to relive it again

^ ........I asked her if she would go fishin with me last night as a few fish are around...told her the tides I wanted to fish would be 11p-4am.......she said: "I'm not fishing that late at night...it interferes with my beauty sleep!
    I love that girl...what can I say......most of my larger fish have come at night....and right now, as we discussed, about 1 out of every 100 are a little bigger, pulling some drag.....those are my targets..........

Any more astute observations, ya grouchy basstid?

I wouldn't go with ya at night either it's a day bite SCale down the tackle and the smaller fish put up a good account of themselves.

Today was a PERFECT DAY to have taken your love PEBBLES FISHING

Quote Originally Posted by finchaser View Post
    SCale down the tackle and the smaller fish put up a good account of themselves.
    Still some fish around at night finchaser. I picked up a few last night. They are chasing herring. Good point about scaling down the tackle. I was using a 7 1/2' rod.

I know^^^^ but Pebbles hates chasing Darks Windows of opportunity in the middle of the night because they are usually shut by time he gets there as he's always an hour or so late. He should take her at first light so she can catch a fish.