Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Things you learned this fall.

Quote Originally Posted by DarkSkies View Post

After all, Monty needs some company. It wouldn't be fair for him to win the Googan of the Year trophy every year, now, would it?
    Stop trying to steal my thunder.
    I stick a hook in my finger, you gotta get a hook stuck in your hand at the same time with a bass (wasn't there a fence involved in that too ).
    I find a dead turtle (looked like an alien)...you gotta find a headless torso.

Always gotta top me.

I still think my finger tops your finger/bass/fence combo

White Water Monty 2.00 (WWM)
    Future Long Islander (ASAP)

haha this is funny. the two of you are competing to see who is the bigger Googan lol. I vote for monty that pic of the hook in finger is awesome!

Note they both fish at night alone so they have no witnesses to there googan ways. Dark will always win as he has a googan bucket that says googen on it just so there is no doubt in peoples minds

Pay attention to what history has taught us or be prepared to relive it again

Quote Originally Posted by storminsteve View Post
    haha this is funny. the two of you are competing to see who is the bigger Googan lol. I vote for monty that pic of the hook in finger is awesome!
    I gotta winner with that one.
    Not sure if I ever posted the pic of the plug. Irony is I may have caught more fish on this plug (SS Green poppers) than any other plug....Irony...

oReally a Googan Bucket that's why you miss your window of opportunity,just trying to dig something out of it has got to be a time consuming effort especially at night hopefully you don't change plugs too often.
    Quote Originally Posted by finchaser View Post
    Note they both fish at night alone so they have no witnesses to there googan ways. Dark will always win as he has a googan bucket that says googan on it just so there is no doubt in peoples minds
    Cranky Old Bassturd.

Quote Originally Posted by Monty View Post
    Stop trying to steal my thunder.
    Always gotta top me.I still think my finger tops your finger/bass/fence combo

I'll take care of that......
    I just whipped up a 10 year Goog Award....Monty takes the cake.....let no man take it away from him, without a fierce battle.....
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Stripers and Anglers Googan of the Decade Award.jpg 
Views:	3 
Size:	24.0 KB 
ID:	17866

Sadly, I will have to content myself with being the GTBG....lurking in the shadows.....

Quote Originally Posted by finchaser View Post
    Note they both fish at night alone so they have no witnesses to there googan ways. Dark will always win as he has a googan bucket that says googan on it just so there is no doubt in peoples minds

Quote Originally Posted by DarkSkies View Post
    I'll take care of that......
    I just whipped up a 10 year Goog Award....Monty takes the cake.....let no man take it away from him, without a fierce battle.....

Sadly, I will have to content myself with being the GTBG....lurking in the shadows.....

What the heck is gtbg?

googan-in-training-bait-guy?
    (sorry dark could not resist) monty congrats on your award. Some folks manage to live their whole lives without gaining such prestige.

I gotta winner with that one.
    Not sure if I ever posted the pic of the plug. Irony is I may have caught more fish on this plug (SS Green poppers) than any other plug....Irony...

I definitely think it's the blood on the plug. Must act like a bio-attractant. That award is classic. Kudos. No award is complete without an acceptance speech. Can't wait to hear yours monty.

^^^^^ speech, speech, speech, speech, speech!!!!!!! Waiting to hear it too!!!

Quote Originally Posted by bababooey View Post
    I definitely think it's the blood on the plug. Must act like a bio-attractant. That award is classic. Kudos. No award is complete without an acceptance speech. Can't wait to hear yours monty.
    ^^^^^ speech, speech, speech, speech, speech!!!!!!! Waiting to hear it too!!!
    Well I overcame many odds.
    Never carried a white bucket.
    Never fell a sleep in a porta john.
    I am far from the GTBG.
    But during my fishing trips things seem to happen to me (even in my front yard (see hook in finger)).
    Whether its walking a beach with a plug hooked in the center of my back (not being able to reach it), falling in a hole (getting my foot lodged between rocks and bloodied up), catching ridicules looking fish (or sneakers), having some guy run into me on the beach from nowhere, mugged by Al Fishstory. It all adds up.....somehow....keeps things entertaining.
    And this title will give Dark something to shoot for in 2014...
    I never mentioned his Styrofoam incident this year..which I get a good chuckle every time I think of it (thank you Dark).
    And with my 2013 season prematurely ending in August I'll be wound up like a top when I get out there in 2014 will see how that works out.

I will end my"speech" with my earliest "goog move" story
    I think I mentioned this before, its from when I first started surf fishing;
    Was bay side fishing a river one evening with my friend. When we started I heard what sounded like a deep voice behind me saying something I could not understand. I looked behind me and there was nobody. My friend came over, heard it looked around and could not find anything, it would come and go, real deep voice, I could make out a word every once and a while. He went back to fishing, I waded out as far as I could go, the voice followed. I was looking behind me quickly, looking above me, whichever way I turned it was behind me, it was freaking me out big time. Finally thought it was coming from my back pack. Went and took it off and found a tiny tape recorder that I used to use when I tagged fish. It had turned on some how, but was playing in the slow mode, which explained the real deep voices and time lags between when I heard things. This thing took a good 20 minutes to play out, was driving me crazy.

And here is a pic of one of my doubleheaders;

And here is that bloody plug in a bass (Irony)

I will end my"speech" with my earliest "goog move" story
    I think I mentioned this before, its from when I first started surf fishing;
    Was bay side fishing a river one evening with my friend. When we started I heard what sounded like a deep voice behind me saying something I could not understand. I looked behind me and there was nobody. My friend came over, heard it looked around and could not find anything, it would come and go, real deep voice, I could make out a word every once and a while. He went back to fishing, I waded out as far as I could go, the voice followed. I was looking behind me quickly, looking above me, whichever way I turned it was behind me, it was freaking me out big time. Finally thought it was coming from my back pack. Went and took it off and found a tiny tape recorder that I used to use when I tagged fish. It had turned on some how, but was playing in the slow mode, which explained the real deep voices and time lags between when I heard things.
    lol that would of freaked me out as well. Awesome story thanks for sharing. Cool acceptance speech.

Quote Originally Posted by seamonkey View Post
    What the heck is gtbg?
    go to bird guy. Monty gave dark the nickname cause he posts about birds all the time
    http://stripersandanglers.com/Forum/...at-it-tells-us

And here is a pic of one of my doubleheaders;

Wow that acceptance speech was better than some of the ones at the academy awards. I am going to win the title for 2014, or at least the one for most dead things. monty, dark, and steve you will be eating my dust lol.
    This is my favorite pic, fantastic double header. Must of put up quite a fight.

Monty congrats on your award and your speech.
    IMO the award was well-deserved and a long time coming.

Yes, I did get into a battle with a block of styrofoam at the Hook earlier this year.......reminding me that I would have failed miserably if I was the character in the Sword in the Stone Legend......I would tell the story but don't want to steal your thunder......this limelight belongs all to you.....my Googan friend.....

Best wishes for success in your Goog endeavors in the future....
    For anyone trying to knock Monty off the Goog pedestal for 2014.....be aware that he has quite a Goog history......
    and is more than willing to point that out...to us.....
    His last post was almost 500 words.....reaching my legendary lengthy post capabilities......you know a guy really wants that title.....when he writes all those words........

From the Hunger Games.....
    "May the odds be ever in your favor.... "

Way to go monty. Look forward to more googan adventures for 2014.

X2 they are always entertaining. Kudos you are now running with the big dogs.

Congrats Monty nice speech.
    Cranky Old Bassturd.

I hooked my lip flyfishing one night. Black deceiver that I cut the feathers and bucktail off of to stop sneazing and be able to hide a little better in the ER
    ... looked like a hitler mustache. My wife, 10 years later, still busts my chops over this whenever I'm heading out at night.

Googanesque enough?

This year I learned to get off my rump and not do the bait and wait thing in the fall, even though 99.999% of the anglers down here DO.
    The reason being I was one of the .001% who caught a bass, and it wadn't (sic) on any bait.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast