Thread: Stripers Forever Membership

Default Stripers Forever Membership

Stripers Forever monitors the coast-wide management of striped bass, and advocates in various states as well as to the National Marine Fishery Service and Atlantic States Marine Fishery Commission. They keep you up-to-date with the latest developments by sending occasional e-mail updates to members. They let you know the right time to make your feelings on striped bass known, and who to make your comments to.

There is strength in numbers, and they need you and everyone you know who enjoys fishing for striped bass to sign up and amplify our voice.

Please go to the membership page on the new Stripers Forever website and sign up for free today. It takes less than one minute, and you can unsubscribe any time if you want.

http://www.stripersforever.org/?page_id=65
    White Water Monty 2.00 (WWM)
    Future Long Islander (ASAP)

Done, and thanks for posting monty

I'm already a member, and have spent countless hours and gas $$ supporting various causes they try to promote.
    A few years ago I went to MA to speak with the Legislature when a bill trying to make Stripers a Gamefish up there was proposed and failed.....well....we did try anyway, but Commercial opposition and General fishermen Apathy was too great to overcome.........
    http://stripersandanglers.com/Forum/...h-bill-meeting

Check out the link in Monty's post......
    Some out there have given negative feedback that Stripers Forever is too elitist for them....

This is the thing with PACS (like Stripers Forever and others)......
    They do their best to represent....but they cannot, and will not, claim to represent 100% of the interests of every fisherman out there........

I may not agree with everything they do or ask the members to do.....
    but I still recognize the need for a PAC to represent the Striped Bass fishermen out there.....
    There is no single fisherman who can do it by himself, no matter how motivated......there is power in Groups....and these groups, are who senators listen to.

Thanks for reading.....

Thanks for posting monty, went to the link and signed up for the newsletters.

Quote Originally Posted by DarkSkies View Post
    I'm already a member, and have spent countless hours and gas $$ supporting various causes they try to promote.
    A few years ago I went to MA to speak with the Legislature when a bill trying to make Stripers a Gamefish up there was proposed and failed.....well....we did try anyway, but Commercial opposition and General fishermen Apathy was too great to overcome.........
    http://stripersandanglers.com/Forum/...h-bill-meeting

Sorry to disappoint ya ds but I think that outcome was decided long before the meeting. The commercial fishermen have a lot of pull here. They use the "but my family has been fishing for generations" card and the politicians eat that up. Do you as an elected rep want to displace a local fisherman and his family way of making a living? Not on your life. That and the groups from Gloucester are a strong force to combat.