Quote Originally Posted by surfstix1963 View Post
My go to rod that I still own is my lami triflex but it wears on you after awhile it is an 11 footer and with our injuries any help from the rod now is helpful so I will probably be selling that one after I figure out what I want. That's my single biggest problem figuring out what I want.
I have a Tsunami and it didn't break the bank. I use a TSAWSS1002MH for walking the beaches. I know everyone on the internet theyre are all about the CTS and Century rods but I didn't want to spend that kind of money. The Tsunami went for $100 and I am happy with it. Not as hardcore as the rest of you guys but it works for me. 2-4 oz, 10'. I think if you casted 4 oz all the time you might break it. Does seem to be good for the 2-3 oz range.
If you want to throw eels you might need a mh rod but that will put more strain on you as you mentioned injuries. I don't like the whippy rods either. I use a smaller Lamiglass 8' for places like the cape may jetty and when its very early spring or late fall and only small fish are there. My .02 hope this helps.