I think the important thing is what works for you. You really need to try different blanks not just in the store but in the surf. When they have rod demos is a good time to go. They often focus on only one brand. I do agree that you should have heavier rated rods for throwing eels and the bigger wood or heavy metal. Surfstix you talked about health limitations. If thats the case you might want to consider downsizing your rods. An 11' blank will put more stress on you than a 9' one will. That's with all other things being equal.
Just a suggestion. You can get a quality 9' blank that will give you a lot less fatigue. imo some of the newest offerings at 11' weren't designed to take punishment or abuse. modified steelhead rods. Good for spring cow pencil popper fishing or distance casting but not the best for big surf or climbing jetties or the fronts of inlets. It really depends on the kind of fishing you guys want to do. I switch between my 9' lami for all around use and go to an 11' when its big surf or the fish are out far. I do agree the lami triflex wears on you but in my opinion the length of the rod has a lot to do with it. When you make 1000 casts any long rod will eventually wear on you unless you are over 6'2".
Have you guys looked at any 9' blanks?