Quote Originally Posted by surfstix1963 View Post
I have already made my choices I want to be cremated and my ashes spread along my favorite stretch of beach my wife and children will be throwing my last cast I don't want to be buried and have this elaborate funeral that costs a ton of money,I would rather have that money spent on the living.
I agree, this is what I am doing as well.
"Dead is Dead"....is something Pebbles' father used to say......I believe when we die, our soul departs from us....hopefully going to Heaven, or another plane of existence, if that's what you believe.....what's left....our lifeless body....seems to have the most significance to the relatives and loved ones we leave behind....but if you really think about it...is just a pile of flesh and bones that will eventually turn to dust.........

Thought for today....
"Squeezing all the juice out of life, that it has to offer"

I mentioned this to someone the other day, because lately I have a different perspective on life....knowing that it can be snatched from us, on the turn of a dime.....I think of all the years I have been out there fishing at night....sometimes in hazardous conditions...how many times I fell and smashed the back of my head on some rocks, or fell down an embankment somewhere, fishing colder waters than I should, on a kayak....and all the close calls I have had.......

Any one of those, could have been the end of my life, or the wrong turn that I did not recover from....yet I'm still here.....
So why just live life....if not to to the fullest?

I think part of that, for many of us, is we have responsibilities, committments, to others....we sometimes get stuck in a rut....we have a job that pays the bills, and we sometimes settle for something that works....we can't always chase our dreams, every day......when we have family and life committments......this is true.......survival and bills should be a big part of life's responsibilites......

But how big a part?

What I'm suggesting here....particularly for those of us who get caught in that Mid-Winter depression, like I sometimes do....is to use that time to look at our lives.....and ask yourselves, if there are any small changes you can make that may help you on a path...to achieve at least some of your dreams?.....one day at a time.......