Thread: Life, Death.... and Your Thoughts on Everything in Between.....

Hybrid View

Back in the hospital again last night.....the person we have been worried about flat-lined yesterday, and was revived with the paddles. Because of this and other deterioration, her kidneys were damaged, and she's now on dialysis and life support. She's in a medically induced coma, and it's pretty tough to be there and watch.

I know this is a grim post, but I make these posts to remind us all.....that any of our lives could turn for the worse, in an instant...
    There are many things we take for granted....and relationships as well....we mistakenly assume that those we have neglected in our busy lives...will be around for "at least a few more years"...

Any relationships, if we have let them lapse, we assume we can repair them....that there is enough time....
    I know I have been very guilty of that in the past....so please don't think I'm judging anyone.....
    But I am making the point......in hopes of motivating some of us....to
    Make that call...
    Make that visit...
    Reach out to someone in your life...that you may have lost touch with....

You can't reach out and touch them, when they are dead....
    Thanks for reading.....

Sorry for your friend dark skies. Thoughts and prayers for her recovery.

My uncle is 81 and I haven't spoken to him too much lately. You know the drill - life, job, kids, honey do list, everything gets in the way. Today I called him to see how he was doing. We talked for awhile and he told me about some of his cool war stories. I will be visiting him for Thanksgiving but it was nice to get in touch. Thanks for the push, DS. T&P for your friend.

Thoughts and prayers for your friend Rich.
    Cranky Old Bassturd.

Thanks for the kind words, people. Please don't feel sorry for me or my life.....I have been seeing a lot of this sadness and going through tough times lately.....

However.....I know folks right now whose lives are much worse than mine....with no hope of things getting better....and hence the reason for me sharing these posts with you.....to try to get some of us, including me, to look at our busy lives, and see if we can find some time for those who may have meant something to us, in the past.....or we had relationships with, and are now estranged.....

Because Death.....is the final chapter.....and once that threshhold is crossed....there is no turning back the clock, or room for regrets for what we did or didn't do....

If you are religious you might believe that Death is a new beginning....my Faith is not as strong as that of some others I know....and I still struggle with this...my wavering about the existence of an Afterlife and Eternal Salvation......I'm trying to share my experiences, and feelings with the folks out there...no matter how uncomfortable they may be.....in hopes of encouraging us all, to perhaps rekindle or mend some relationships that we have let lapse.....

Seamonkey I'm glad I was a "push" for you.....that's kind of what I'm getting at here.....
    Keeping in mind that my own behavior in relationships with others, has not been the best.....
    I'm hoping that some here...can learn from my mistakes......and will have less regrets than I do......

As an update, yesterday they said her condition has stabilized a bit......so there is hope.....

Remember that folks....sometimes even when there is not much hope.....
    A friend by your side.....can offer Comfort.....entirely free but more valuable than all the riches in the world......knowing that someone else out there....cares enough to support you in your time of need....

So, as always....thanks for reading......and the kind thoughts..

Hang in there Rich. Lifes got the ups and downs but we got your back bud. Stop by any time. You know where to find us.

Found something to cheer you up, bud. I remember your punk rock and hardcore stories of back in the old days when you had some balls instead of being the world diplomat you are today.
    Hope you like it