Thread: Life, Death.... and Your Thoughts on Everything in Between.....

Hybrid View

2. Living Will

Some good info on this:
    http://www.healthynj.org/wellness/ad...directive.html

When you start to look at it, you begin to see that the Advanced directive and Living will can be thought of as interchangable terms. The Advanced Directive I posted in the previous post is IMO one of the strongest and comprehensive legal documents you can sign to make sure your wishes are carried out.

**As mentioned, the authors of the previous PDF stressed that communication among family members is key.

**I have been involved in several of these situations so far, and can tell those who haven't, that even though the communication is clear, there is usually doubt and questioning "Am I doing the right thing here?" as you make the decision to end someone's life, or take them off a breathing tube, etc...........

Do yourself and your loved ones a favor.....get this done before it's too late....help to take this burden off their shoulders, and make sure your wishes are known clearly.....it is one of the last gifts of reassurance you can give to someone, before you leave this world.

If anyone out there has had to deal with these circumstances or has anything else to add, I think it could benefit a lot of folks if you were to share it with us...thanks.

Thanks for posting the info ds. Will be passing it on to one of my uncles who is faced with something like this.