Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Life, Death.... and Your Thoughts on Everything in Between.....

Sorry for your loss. T&P

Thanks guys 2014 hasn't exactly been a banner year for us.
    Cranky Old Bassturd.

Wow so sorry to hear that. Prayers sent for him and hope the future years will be better surfstix.

Rich, I have heard what you and your family are going through and I wouldn't wish it on anyone.
    I keep praying for a break for you and your wife, as you seem to be the caretakers of the World, where you live.
    I hope and pray those issues get resolved.

Please extend my deepest sympathy and condolences to your wife and her Family.

Heavenly Lord, Who Art in Heaven,
    Please watch over Rich's FIL as he makes the transition from an Earthly life, to one with You.....
    Please, in your infinite benevolence, shine down some light and understanding as his family tries to make it through this difficult time....
    And please help to soften their pain and suffering, as they grieve through this trying chapter in their lives.....
    For they have believed in your Power, and Goodness, and Glory......
    Amen.

SS sorry for your loss.

Rich my deepest condolences to you and your family may he RIP

Pay attention to what history has taught us or be prepared to relive it again

Thank You all.It's all part of life(especially ours) you just have to pick yourself up dust off and move ahead,and realize he and my Mom are not living in pain anymore and have moved on to their new life waiting for us to join them.The next generation needs to take over till our time is up.Thanks again
    Cranky Old Bassturd.

Terribly sorry for your loss Surfstix...Thoughts and prayers to you and your family..

Thanks Blazin
    Cranky Old Bassturd.

I don't know how old he was but hope he didn't suffer too much. Condolences and t&p

Very sorry for your loss, dude.

condolences and prayers sent.

Sorry to hear the news surfstix. May he be at peace in Heaven.

t&p

Hey surfstix sorry to hear all this sadness in your life. Remember that every hill has an up and a down side. I was unemployed for 3 years at one point and thought my life was over but I pulled through and got back to work. Condolences for your loss. Hang in there.

I'd like to Thank You all from my wife and myself for all of your condolences they are very much appreciated.Thanks again.
    Cranky Old Bassturd.

One of my long time customers passed away this week.......I knew him 23 years.....he was up there in years, but one of the original tough guys.....had a very comfortable lifestyle, but worked hard for everything he achieved......

And his generation never complained...even when his legs swelled up to the size of WWF/bodybuilder proportion, full of fluid, he always minimized it...whenever I expressed concern he told me he was "Just fine and dandy!"........never wanted to complain about his lot in life.......

I knew he was in trouble...the last time I saw him...he was supposed to go to a Dr appt....and barely made it to the SUV (he was so proud he always drove himself no matter how much pain he was in)...
    I had to help him back to the house....and he was so tough he didn't want to accept my help...he didn't want anyone, including me, to think he had any weaknesses.....

Finchaser would have loved this guy.....he ranted about Obama and the "special entitlements" bestowed on some by the Obama administration......he felt he had to work hard for everything he got....why should others not have to?.....

He was truly a reminder of the older generation, how they were taught to go through life without whining....and suck it up whenever they had a problem.....
    Over the years, an inspiration and example of a good American, to me as well....

I think of the rough road I have been on lately, spending thousands of dollars to deal with the eff-ups and irresponsibility of others......missing out on fishing, feeling real bad about it, and the money I am spending like water.......

And I asked myself if this gentleman could have changed places with me.....he probably would have...just for another few years of life and love with his family.....
    It kind of put things in place for me.....
    I'm real disappointed at the infrequency of times I was able to make it out fishing this year....and beating myself up for how hard life has been.........

His passing, helped to put it into better perspective.......
    There are always folks out there, who have things a little better.....
    And there are certainly many out there, who will have things worse than we do.....much worse.....

I miss ya already, C......
    Deepest condolences to your family and loved ones, who I have become close to over the years.....
    You left behind a legacy of good examples, frank opinions, and good stories......

Thanks for sharing them with me....
    And especially for your fishing stories, of catching many smallmouth bass on a hot day in the Summer....an almost impossible feat in hot weather.......
    Unless one was willing to use the secret bait that you did.....crawfish.....

Thanks for all... pal.....RIP.....

This is a nice thread. As I get older and it becomes more difficult to get out fishing as much as I used to. I am reminded that the opportunities and days are as limited as the sands in an hourglass. Have been spending a lot of time with my grandkids and watching them grow. They are not enthused about fishing as much as I hoped. Still it is a good time with them and my fishing buddy when we get them on the water. Your only guarantee on this earth is today. Enjoy while you can.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123