Quote Originally Posted by Randy Jones View Post
Countless people have been guided by me and most have gone on to live normal lives.
Be careful out there or YOU could be the next "Fish Tale". (The above fish tales were written and told with a smile and in fun)

Guide Slush Tip- Planning your fishing dayaround it:

Since it's slushytime again, I'm reposting this from a previousone. If you missed it and are fishing here anytime soon, just might help!
-
No it's not the stuff you put in a cone and eat but rather a winter occurrence that causes certain area's ofthe river to be unfishable.
-
Knowing current water -air temp. current water and future water flow level's, tonight's predicted lows with tomorrow's highs will help you decide where to begin your day of fishing.
-
Sample:
Water temps. are 34 deg. up top and the flow is 285 cfs. Evening lows are swinging around 5 deg. and daytime highs are around 32 deg. (No heavy snow is forecast) The Key here isthe nighttime low. Normally if the low is below 20 deg. you willhave slush from Pineville down. If the low is only 20 deg. then youmay not have any slush the entire length of the river.
-
When slush is present at these air temp's then normally by 10-11 A.M. the lower part of the river will clear out and make fishing possible. If you're ever not sure, than do what I sometimes do and go to the short bridge in town and have a look for yourself, before planning your day. If air temp's do not rise above 20 for the daytime high then you may have slush down river all day.
-
If I'm planning to start my fishing at dawn, then I'll start up top. And then later possibly move down river once the slush has had a chance to clear. If certain areas of the river are slushed up and you are the first to arrive after it has cleared than the chances of hooking-up are good. You will be the first angler fishing to fresh fish that have not been disturbed or pressured.
-
Countless people have been guided by me and most have gone on to live normal lives

lol! Thanks for the reports enjoy reading them. So according to your expertise its better to sometimes wait till the afternoon till the slush clears out or search further upriver? thanks