Pulaski NY steelhead river fish guide spin fly fish report salmon river.
On the Salmon River Pulaski NY we continue to see reeeel nice steelhead fishing action. Top to bottom of the Salmon River NY is hold'n some nice fresh and old'r steelhead. Proper Habitat (according to the current water flow and its relationship to the current breaks) Presentation and Rigging become imperative to your success's on these steelhead. Thistip comes w/a $ back guarantee - yukyuk.
-
Until 11:59 PM today, Sat, 285 CFS - (Please check for current flows, as thiscould have changed)
A few lower water flow advantages:
1. This will compress and concentrate the steelhead more. Giving you greateropportunity!
2. The water - current breaks - holding pools, will be much easier to read.
3. Most wade anglers prefer this flow. It's easier to fish, wade, access your spots, safer, most anglers know how to fish this lower flow as they aremore used to it and its a lil easier to land that Trophy Steelhead of a lifetimewith less current.
4. In some places, you'll be able to cross the river to reach some of your favorite fishing holes. (dependent of current water levels) Holding some steelheadthat have seen very lil angler pressure of late. When the water was @ 1,800cfs (couldn't cross the river) I noticed some folks walking over a mile indeep snow to reach some of these spots. I would always joke with them andask them if they wanted a ride back to there car in my drift boat I'dhave to give them prop's for their efforts as normally they would be theONLY angler fishing a hole that had numerous uneducated, unpressured steelheadin them!
Warning! - Crossing the river@ this time of the year, no matter the flow, is not recommended for yourpersonal safety. (Please see below in last update - Safety related to Wading Video's - could save your life)
-
Advantages of fishing after a loooong wicked cold spell:
Wicked cold temps have kept many a steelhead angler away, providing you presently with numerous unpressured steelhead. They are alllll here, just waitingfor your perfectly cast (ahemmm) fly, egg sack, jig, worm or bead.
-
Warning! - Please be careful standing on any shelf ice while fishing. It could break on you and it COULD be over your head deep. ALWAYS know the depth of water underneath you before standing on it to fish. I know from experince...... but..... THATS.... another story....... yukyuk
-
Fish Jokes:
I just got a new fishing rod and reel for my wife??best trade I evermade.
-
Give a man a fish and he has food for a day; teach him how to fish and you can get rid of him for the entire weekend.
Zenna Schaffer
-
I only fish on days that end in ?Y?
-
Kids Fish Jokes: (The answers are at the bottom) - See how many you can get without looking. Smarter than a 6th grader? - yukyuk
-
1. Who does a fish call when his piano breaks?
2. Why are fish so clever?

3. Why is a fish easy to weigh?

4. Where does a fish keep his money?

5. What do you call a fish without an eye?

-

Answers:
1. The piano tuna
Because they swim in schools
Because it has its own scales
In the river bank
A fsh
-
My interpretation of what this 30 mph windy "white out" Lake Effect Snow looks like outside my office window right now. (Minus thumb holding piece of white paper)
(For all Photo's, Please visit my Profile to Fishing Report link)
-
Heard you guys on the East coast got a dusting recently.
Soooo, this morn'n I head's outside to clean the fresh "Lake Effect"snow off both drift boats. I put's on my snow boot's expecting the 5-8inch's which was forecast. (Jus a dust'n around these here parts I get's 50 feet out into it and realize my boots are no longer visible?
So....... I head's back in and put's on my deeper snow boots. Therean old pair of neoprene chest waders I cut off at the knees. I get's another150 feet out by the boats and realize the snow is up to my thigh's andmy deep snow boot's are no longer visible?
So.............. I head's back in a second time and put's on myWinter chest waders, extreme cold Winter parka, arctic mitt'sthat come up to my elbows and full face fleece mask w/gator. All was well in the world............
-
-
Inspiring Fishing Quotes
Patrick F. McManus
There is no greater fan of fly fishing than the worm.
-
Henry David Thoreau
Everyone should believe in something; I believe I?ll go fishing.
-
Sparse Grey Hackle
The trout do not rise in the cemetery, so you better do your fishing while you are still able.
-
-
I'm very lucky, to do what I enjoy and share it with all of you. With the sunrise came hopes for a good day on the river.
(For all Photo's, Please visit my Profile to Fishing Report link)
The adrenaline was over flowing at warp speeeeeeeed.
Mark picks up a 10 lb. approx. freshie that had just made it into this spot over the last few days useing a fly rod in 1,800 cfs. I might add, it was his first steelhead ever! What a beauty! Congrats Mark! (Fish released)
-
From the Mail Bag:
Randy, Nice web pages. What is an Oregon Cheese Egg Fly?
-
You roll a pieceof oregon cheese into a ball and place it on a hook and wing it out there. If you don't catch anything on it, then you can always eat the cheese!
Just kidding. It?s a color that a manufacture of glow bug yarn has used to imitate the natural color of Salmon, steelhead etc.. eggs. We tie small egg flies to imitate the naturals. Its like matching the hatch???
When the salmon start laying eggs the steelhead come into the river to specifically eat them, so its one of the best flies in the fall. Go get'm! Randy
-
-