Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: 1@32 Pledge.....and Free Decals

Quote Originally Posted by LISurfcaster View Post
    Just to clarify...the 1@32 Pledge has absolutely no connection with PEW. None whatsoever. When you see this type of misinformation being spread it makes you wonder if you are hitting a chord with some people. So be it...I agree with much of what has been written here. It is very difficult to get like-minded people on the same page and that is one of the challenges that we face. Charlie Witek writes and incredibly lucid blog that deals with striped bass issues and fisheries management. It is without question the best writing that I have found out there that explains the challenges and forces at work. If you have a few minutes check out his blog here and see for yourself. His latest post is eye-opening as he describes the forces at work within the recreational sector. You can catch the blog here: http://oneanglersvoyage.blogspot.com...anagement.html
    Thanks for everything lisurfcaster. Where I fish the rivers of th LI sound there are not a lot of big fish. I catch and release schoolies during the season and once in a while the bigger fish are there usually in the fall. I rarely keep one but if I do it will be the one at 32".

Don't worry about the haters. I started a catch and release thread here and it has a lot of views.
    http://stripersandanglers.com/Forum/...release-thread
    Maybe some don't like it but it seems to be catching on. We all have to try to do our part and thanks for doing yours.

Good job I see the facebook numbers grew from the beginning of the year.

Quote Originally Posted by LISurfcaster View Post
    . It is very difficult to get like-minded people on the same page and that is one of the challenges that we face. Charlie Witek writes and incredibly lucid blog that deals with striped bass issues and fisheries management. It is without question the best writing that I have found out there that explains the challenges and forces at work. If you have a few minutes check out his blog here and see for yourself. His latest post is eye-opening as he describes the forces at work within the recreational sector. You can catch the blog here: http://oneanglersvoyage.blogspot.com...anagement.html
    Haters gonna hate. Don't sweat it dude keep doing what you're doing and best of luck.

I don't think the guy below ever read charlie witek's blog or has any level of understanding. I copied this from another site and it struck me as particularly ignorant.

I don't know about this... 1 over 32" ? I'd support the EXACT opposite.
    I don't think you thought things through before starting this. You certainly did not seek the input of the community.
    Everyone seems divided on this, and when we as surfcasters are divided on an issue, nothing is going to happen... just my $0.02. Good initiative, but lack of discussion over this "pledge" is going to hurt any form of traction.

Quote Originally Posted by cowherder View Post
    Don't worry about the haters. I started a catch and release thread here and it has a lot of views.
    http://stripersandanglers.com/Forum/...release-thread
    Maybe some don't like it but it seems to be catching on. We all have to try to do our part and thanks for doing yours.

I think like you here cowherder. Its definitely "catching on". More surf casters are understanding that there is less and less bass around to catch. And that if something is not done soon to stop all the killing of Striped Bass, catching will be rare. As more and more people get on board, hopefully peer pressure will grow on the meat men (AKA rip, johnny schmucktail, the charter and party boats (that kill stupid numbers of breeders, etc.)) will have an effect on them and regulations will be tightened big time.
    White Water Monty 2.00 (WWM)
    Future Long Islander (ASAP)

Quote Originally Posted by Monty View Post
    As more and more people get on board, hopefully peer pressure will grow on the meat men (AKA rip, johnny schmucktail, the charter and party boats (that kill stupid numbers of breeders, etc.)) will have an effect on them and regulations will be tightened big time.
    Johnny Shmucktail!! ROFLMAO!!!!!! I def agree that kid has no clue. catching stripers for the widows and orphans who is he kidding he is probably selling them to pay for the days fuel. Seriously though you have to get a little bummed when you think if that is the attitude of one 17 year old, that could be the attitude of the future with no bass. It's funny if you look for similarities that some of the older guys here who talked about filling garbage cans full of bass and weakfish had the same attitude then that johnny shmucktail has now. Spot on you nailed it. whatever happened to that guy rip btw? Its like he vanished into thin air.

^^^^ God you folks have some weird characters down in Joisey. We don't have problems like like that here. If we do we just drop a deuce in their boat and they get the message.

Thank you for all you are doing Ross. I will check out the fb page.

Quote Originally Posted by dogfish View Post
    ^^^^ God you folks have some weird characters down in Joisey. We don't have problems like like that here. If we do we just drop a deuce in their boat and they get the message.

haha thats sick! Bet they DO get the message though! LIsurfcaster thanks for bringing attention to this, maybe at the next meeting they will listen like you said.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	pledge.jpg 
Views:	1 
Size:	35.6 KB 
ID:	18055

^^^^ cool!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12