Quote Originally Posted by LISurfcaster View Post
Just to clarify...the 1@32 Pledge has absolutely no connection with PEW. None whatsoever. When you see this type of misinformation being spread it makes you wonder if you are hitting a chord with some people. So be it...I agree with much of what has been written here. It is very difficult to get like-minded people on the same page and that is one of the challenges that we face. Charlie Witek writes and incredibly lucid blog that deals with striped bass issues and fisheries management. It is without question the best writing that I have found out there that explains the challenges and forces at work. If you have a few minutes check out his blog here and see for yourself. His latest post is eye-opening as he describes the forces at work within the recreational sector. You can catch the blog here: http://oneanglersvoyage.blogspot.com...anagement.html
Thanks for everything lisurfcaster. Where I fish the rivers of th LI sound there are not a lot of big fish. I catch and release schoolies during the season and once in a while the bigger fish are there usually in the fall. I rarely keep one but if I do it will be the one at 32".