I have been reaching out to everyone I know, or ever met, on this issue. Anyone who has ever put their foot on sand and salt water...fishermen, politicians, homeowners, attorneys... and yes...some environmentalists such as the ALS and other groups.

The feedback I have been getting is making me sick to my stomach, and causing me to have trouble sleeping some nights....
I don't know if we're going to win this fight, folks....but until my last breath on this earth, my dying day...I will fight against bullies such as the ACOE and the politicians who say they are "for" fishermen, and are just patronizing us....because it is not about protecting homes, or protecting the environment, it is about self-preservation, and lining their pockets...

I learned about the dirty nature of politics long ago when I got involved in fishermen issues, all the way back to the subway cars/ reef starters that NJ did not get, that went to Delaware...

1. I blamed the environmentalists
for this loss, because they raised too many issues that caused us to lose out....

Delaware....long suffering from lack of inshore structure along its coast, now has risen to the top for bottom fishing trips. Some of the biggest blackfish on the Coast come from guys who drive to Delaware to pay to fish on their boats....

I would estimate the financial loss to NJ, of this one decision to let Delaware have those subway cars, in the millions.

2. The other group, that dominates us fishermen every time, is the big political contributors.
No matter how important we fishermen think our issues are, the concerns of the biggest political contributors take precedent.
We can be angry at that, or we can learn from that....simple choices.

**Looking back, it really was about the politicians, and votes.....decisions were made because those in charge, were afraid if they didn't, the political interest group with the most power would vote against them in the next election. So it's my contention that we should not hate the environmentalists.....even though they make our lives miserable at times.....
We should be jealous of their power, ability to organize, and rally support for or against an issue....