Thread: From PA and fish IBSP.....

Between the SOL food fling yesterday and the Berkeley show today I picked up about 20 lures. The best ones were a guy selling poppers for $6 each. Not the quality of a D Mag or Ron Muccie but great for throwing at blues. I did buy a couple of good pugs too. Guess I am a junkie.

Welcome Homer,

$6 poppers scream bluefish fun...only two more months to go! I miss them so much

I buy a few wooden plugs here and there but they don't see too much time on the end of my line with the exception of poppers and pencils.

I am a big fan of soft plastics!

X2 on what John said...Im addicted to soft plastics haha!! Dont have much wood myself..There are some beautiful plugs out there..Im just not into spending that much on lures! Plus never met a fish that cared if it was 6.99$ or 49.99$

^^^^^^ Well said presentation and technique. That's what sets the best fishermen apart from the others not the plug they are throwing.
    Homer welcome aboard. Where do you fish out of?

I pretty much live at IBSP. No reason to go anywhere else.

^ I thought the same thing for the last 15 years. Bunker pods in the spring mullet in the fall and the action at night on the sedges it offered a lot for not much driving. Now with the north jetty being fixed it has to have some effect on the fishing. Im looking for greener pastures if there are any. Going to make some trips to the raritan bay for spring blues and down to the ocean city area for seasonal night fishing. Never thought I would be saying that. This replenishment is for the birds. Welcome to S&A Homer.

Other than losing the spring bluefish in the inlet I don't think much else will change. I rarely decorate the inlet trying for fluke, you keep more rigs and get just as many fish on the beach.

Ask yourself the following question before you join in the frenzy - Will this plug catch fish or was it just created to catch fishermen? If you can honestly answer that you have one piece of the puzzle figured out.

Lures are made to attract fishermen, not fish. When a fish buys a lure, that's the one I want. But I'll probably buy a few more while I'm waiting.

Quote Originally Posted by Homer S View Post
    Lures are made to attract fishermen, not fish. When a fish buys a lure, that's the one I want. But I'll probably buy a few more while I'm waiting.
    Funny stuff. There is always hope that the latest piece of wood will swim different if the guy who built it played around with the weights a bit. We are very easily suckered into the hype though. welcome aboard btw.

Welcome aboard Homer.

hey dude welcome! guess you are a big fan of Matt Groening.

Welcome Homer.
    White Water Monty 2.00 (WWM)
    Future Long Islander (ASAP)