Thread: KISS Method in Jersey

Default KISS Method in Jersey

Was reading one of jigfreak's rants.....I mean posts... and this part made a lot of sense to me in fisihng Jersey.

Quote Originally Posted by jigfreak View Post
    In NJ bunker arent always here. Most of the time they are feeding on small forage. Yes elephants do eat peanuts and bass will hit jigs and rubber.
    Keep
    It
    Small
    Stupid

This past year I fished smaller plugs and artificials more often and caught more often.
    Still fished the larger stuff that I like to, but fished the smaller plugs more often than the past.
    Loaded red fin and teasers did well.
    Should have fished them more, but I like to throw other stuff too.

Edit....On second thought I should likely have named this thread something else....
    White Water Monty 2.00 (WWM)
    Future Long Islander (ASAP)

Makes sense to me. When they give you a fishing survival kit in the armed forces it is pretty simple as well. Any one know whats in it?

Im gonna guess a Bucktail steve...im all about the small stuff..BT,tins,bombers,redfins,mambows..ect and I ALWAYS fish with a teaser all year long..Some think only use a teaser in the fall with the sandeels. But I catch all year on them. .I have caught more than a few 20# or better on teasers

IMO small has always out fished big stuff. Note all the truly great plug builders Lefty,Wade, Gary 2 and others made very few if any plugs over 6 inch. Big wood started with the advent of the designer fisherman who would pay in excess of $50.00 for a piece of wood.

Pay attention to what history has taught us or be prepared to relive it again

Quote Originally Posted by finchaser View Post
    IMO small has always out fished big stuff. Note all the truly great plug builders Lefty,Wade, Gary 2 and others made very few if any plugs over 6 inch.
    During the great bite of Fall 2011 a 47# bass was caught and released at Island Beach...with what?.....a teaser...
    The story of that bass is archived somewhere on this site....I did a quick search and couldn't seem to find it....

I know the group that was there when it was caught...it really did happen......I don't think the guy that caught that fish ever imagined he would catch a bass that big....on a teaser.

If a 47lb bass hit a teaser attached to my line I would probably crap my pants worrying if I would get it in or not. Awesome catch you never know!

Some pics of small bait I had:

White Water Monty 2.00 (WWM)
    Future Long Islander (ASAP)

Cool job matching the hatch. Were those spearing or rainfish?