Thread: Blue claw meat

Default Blue claw meat

OTHER THAN CRAB CAKES...ANY OTHER RECIPIES FOR BLUE CLAW MEAT...SOMETHING TO MAKE FROM A DOZEN TO 2 DOZEN AT A TIME

Do a search for blueclaw crab recipes
    Cranky Old Bassturd.

I assume you know about steaming them above a 50/50 water/vinegar or water/beer solution after dumping a bucket of old bay on them

My second favorite way but takes some prep work:

I will take the top shelf off while they are still alive and clean the poop out.

Then I break the bodies in half and break off the claws.

Cook up your favorite tomato sauce that takes hours and hours to make...as you near the end add the crab, some spicy pepperoni and of course your pasta. Sprinkle with fresh Parmesan cheese

found a recipe here for crab cakes
    http://stripersandanglers.com/Forum/...711-Crab-Cakes
    jbarbose those crabs look awesome making me hungry just looking at them.

Crab bisque... you can take a good can of crab bisque and then super charge it with real crab, seasoned with old bay of course.

Also my wife makes a KILLER white sauce with cleaned crab bodies that then gets poured over linguini. Can you say GARLIC?

Tons of recipes out there, but when I'm tired of just sitting with a pitcher of Ice Tea and a pile of crabs and picking, those are my next
    two approaches for leftovers, or the next day's batch.

Gosh, hungry already and I just ate.

Fresh garlic can give zest to any meal. Thanks for sharing that gents. My stomache is growling now

Sounds good...but do you really taste the crab after you've doused it with all the other ingredients

FOM, that is a good question always, but IMO yes. We have some of the sweetest crabs on the planet in South Jersey and in my "back yard" specifically.

Crab meat shines, the other ingredients compliment nicely, either spicy old bay type crab seasoning or a garlic/olive oil "gravy".

Quote Originally Posted by surfrob View Post
    FOM, that is a good question always, but IMO yes. We have some of the sweetest crabs on the planet in South Jersey and in my "back yard" specifically.

Crab meat shines, the other ingredients compliment nicely, either spicy old bay type crab seasoning or a garlic/olive oil "gravy".

What part of south jersey. Ever go crabbing way in the back of wildwood? Awesome crabs south jersey rules! I like old bay but cooking in olive oil and chunks of garlic is awesome.

I crab behind Absecon Island