Thread: Gar fishing in catskills ny

Hybrid View

Quote Originally Posted by darkskies View Post
    haven't fished for gar up there. I did take a trip to lake chataqua with my girlfriend in 2011. The trip is in the freshwater forum here. Where do you fish out of?
    Some of our members who fish freshwater more than i do may have some answers for ya. Welcome aboard jeff. :happywave:
    hey guys, thanx a million for all the replys. I really thought there would be a few ponds or lakes with gar in the catskills. I know lake champlain has some, as a few other lakes in that area. But i really dont plan on going up that far just for gar. Guess i have to contact the dec with this question, again. There has to be a few bodies of water in the catskills with gar. Have to ask a few other forums about this. Well, thanx a million guys, jeff c.

The biggest I have seen are those youtube videos with the chesty blonde girl catching the gars with the soda bottles. Those might be different gar than the ones you are looking for. Hey Jeff, would love to see some pics if you do get some big gar. Good luck let us know how you do!

Quote Originally Posted by DOUBLENINEPATCH View Post
    hey guys, thanx a million for all the replys. I really thought there would be a few ponds or lakes with gar in the catskills. I know lake champlain has some, as a few other lakes in that area. But i really dont plan on going up that far just for gar. Guess i have to contact the dec with this question, again. There has to be a few bodies of water in the catskills with gar. jeff c.
    I was glad to read this as I wanted to learn how to catch some gar. I have never seen any as big as the ones you guys are talking about. double nine patch if you do catch some please report it. I would love to see a pic of one. Thanks and good luck!