Thread: New member here

Default New member here

Hi everyone,
    I'm Ron AKA Flytyingguy1. I enjoy all sorts of fishing .I also love tying flies,teasers,dressed Siwash hooks & Buck tail jigs. I'm from the South shore of Long Island ,Retired and fish anywhere .member of the Paumanok surf club. Also an old Saltey Fly Rodder. Hope to ee you on the beach or posting some good things here.

Welcome Ron, your flys look great.
    I fish teasers at least 50% of the time so your fly pics are appreciated. Any surf candy pics?
    White Water Monty 2.00 (WWM)
    Future Long Islander (ASAP)

Quote Originally Posted by Flytyingguy1 View Post
    I'm from the South shore of Long Island ,Retired and fish anywhere .member of the Paumanok surf club. Also an old Saltey Fly Rodder. Hope to ee you on the beach or posting some good things here.
    When I saw that I knew immediately you were one of the good ones...
    I haven't talked to Paul in a long time....lost his number when I submerged my cell phone while fishing.....
    When you see him next, please get his phone # for me if you can...and PM it to me.
    He has an amazing ability to read the water.

Glad to have ya aboard, Ron....the flies you tied are beautiful.
    Look forward to your contributions here....let me know if you are ever coming to NJ...

Things have changed radically for us this year with fishing access...I'll try my best to give ya some up to date intel.

Welcome Ron

Hey ron hello and welcome!

Thank you all for your warm wishes. Good to be here Dark Skies who should I say wants his number?

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	image.jpg 
Views:	1 
Size:	26.5 KB 
ID:	18104Sand eels

Quote Originally Posted by Flytyingguy1 View Post
    Thank you all for your warm wishes. Good to be here Dark Skies who should I say wants his number?
    Nice, what hooks/size do you use for them?

Just say chubby was looking for his number, he will know who you mean....
    White Water Monty 2.00 (WWM)
    Future Long Islander (ASAP)

Hi Ron,
    Welcome aboard. This year will be my first year saltwater fly rodding. Any tips?

^Monty ya Goog Basstid!
    I get no respect around here, I tell ya!
    That's OK....Barbosa texted me yesterday asking if it was really possible that ya hooked your hand in your own backyard, or were we just making it up?...Sadly, I had to tell him it was the absolute truth....

Pay no attention to the ball busting, Ron...lots of that going on around here....all in good fun, and enjoyed.....
    I think the last time I saw Paul, was about 4 years ago....I'm good friends with his brother in law Fred.....
    They came to fish Sandy Hook...in my usual style I was giving them info overload.......I wanted them to see them get into some fish.....

All Paul needed to hear from me, was the high tide time....the rest he figured out on his own...he knew exactly how to read the rising or falling tide and went off to fish different areas based on tide stage....despite not having fished there before...

We didn't hook up that night....the fishing was poor for the mid summer trip...but I will always remember his uncanny ability to "find the seam" and read the water no matter where he was.

Some folks have to learn things about fishing, others are naturally intuitive.....Paul belongs to the latter group...exceptional fisherman,, good storyteller as well....
    So tell him, Rich, friend of his brother in law. was asking about him...
    Or Crazy Rich, or Chunky....(have to give Monty his laughs today)... .
    He might remember me....

You all should come down to NJ one night in May....that's been consistently good for us......
    PM me anytime....always welcome.....

Welcome
    Cranky Old Bassturd.

Welcome Ron,

I have seen your teaser/fly work and its superb!

I am thrilled to see you joined!