Page 1 of 9 123 ... LastLast

Thread: NJ Fishing Reports for April 2014...www.StripersAndAnglers.com

Default NJ Fishing Reports for April 2014...www.StripersAndAnglers.com

NJ Fishing Reports for April 2014.....www.StripersAndAnglers.com
    **Important when registering on our site -- use an active email address so you can activate your account to be able to post.

Please post fishing reports here.......as little or as much detail as you want to give.
    Please note: NO SPOT BURNING. Posts burning spots will be Edited or DELETED.

** Since Sandy and the rebuilding/Beach replenishment, a substantial amount of Fishing Access has been lost. The ones who want to fish, are now crowded into less places, particularly the popular ones.
    Please use common sense, when describing where you were fishing.

1. IF you are fishing an area that is NOT residential, being vague is less critical. For example, it's acceptable to say (Any)Park, or (Any)Bay, or mention a specific state park that has loads of parking and can handle the crowds.

2. For some areas, it would be wiser to say:
    Out Front (Ocean) OR -- Out Back (Bay) -- if you feel too many people will figure out what you are talking about. "Spot burning" also could involve mentioning something specific only to that area. Remember that thousands of people could potentially read these posts. You don't want to be fishing next to ALL of them at the same time

3. If I name this place on the internet, will it be too crowded for me to enjoy tomorrow when people hear I got 30 fish there today?
    If the answer is "Yes", then you should probably not be so specific.
    More discussion on this:
    http://stripersandanglers.com/Forum/...ead.php?t=3763

**If you have any
    additional details you would like to share - weather conditions, tide (incoming, outgoing, ebb, flood) water temps, bait present, or other mention of techniques or plugs used - feel free.

Some acronyms -

SH - Sandy Hook
    NoMoCo - Northern Monmouth County (below the hook to Shark River Inlet SRI)
    SoMoCo - Southern Monmouth County (below SRI to Manasquan Inlet)

OC - Ocean County
    IBSP - Island Beach State Park
    LBI - Long Beach Island

AC - Atlantic County
    CISP - Corson's Inlet State Park
    CMC - Cape May County
    GEI - Great Egg Inlet
    TI - Townsend's Inlet

RB - Raritan Bay
    BB - Barnegat Bay
    CB - Chesapeake Bay
    DB - Delaware Bay

** The old adage....April showers bring May flowers....may mean more than that for fishermen this month....it may actually bring some fish.
    Due to unseasonally cold weather, many early season places where striped bass are usually available, have been barren. The water temperatures have struggled to break 40 as we are hit with one cold front after another.

All that should hopefully change soon, as we are in for some decent weather.

This year we are in for more challenges than ever before.
    In NJ we have lost approx 50% of our shore fishing access as jetties/groins have been covered in sand.
    The effective result will be anglers looking to fish in 50% less area...like trying to cram 10 lbs of potatoes into a 5lb bag.
    We all need to be aware of our fishing access and what's going on.

One of the most significant fishing access fights in NJ this decade, will be this one below. Please try to do what you can to help us with an e-mail or phone call. Comment period ends April 10.

http://stripersandanglers.com/Forum/showthread.php?9405-Jetty-Country-will-be-a-parking-lot-Want-to-stop-it-Get-involved!
    If you ignore this issue, your fishing access in NJ could be changed forever.
    Thanks for reading.

Good luck out there, and catch em up!

April 1 keeper!
    Started at 10pm in the bay last night. It was an awesome night out. Had 3 dozen clams. High tide at 9:15. Tossed out 2 dozen cracked clams when I started.
    Sometime after midnight I was getting sleepy. I had 2 rods out about 5 feet apart. I checked the one rod I was holding and went to put it in a holder. The other one I was tossing plugs with. As the tide was halfway out bunker started comeing by. I was drooling and casting but no takers. I kept at it for another 10 minutes during which the bunker got so thick I was snagging them with the trebles on the plug. Still no takers for the clam or the plug. Things got quiet and the bunker seemed to be less and going further out into the bay. I was still casting the metal lip plug and hoping to win the lottery. I tossed a half cast out and started to retrieve a little differently parallel to the shoreline. All of a sudden Bam! The plug got hit and the fish started taking drag. I was worried about my clam pole but this fish was moving away in the other direction. My heart was racing and it was exciting. No one else around but me and the mud dwellers. I knew the fish was hooked but still worried about losinig her. After a few minutes I could see it. Nice fat striper. I pulled it up on the bank, took a pic and released. About 35" and 16lbs! Woohoo!

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	april 1 bay striper.jpg 
Views:	6 
Size:	18.3 KB 
ID:	18120

Nice fish and report dude. I think you also caught a keeper in march as well. "April 1 keeper!' - hmmmmm - have to think about the way you titled that there.

wow man that's an awesome striper! nice catch on a plug! thanks for the report

Great on the catch Steve even better on the release way to go!

Quote Originally Posted by porgy75 View Post
    wow man that's an awesome striper! nice catch on a plug! thanks for the report
    Quote Originally Posted by cowherder View Post
    Great on the catch Steve even better on the release way to go!
    Its April 1st.....Storminsteve has a reputation. ...He may be pulling our leg?
    White Water Monty 2.00 (WWM)
    Future Long Islander (ASAP)

I am with you Monty but just in case I put a GPS tracker on his car.

I'm going with April fools Joke

Pay attention to what history has taught us or be prepared to relive it again

Yeah i call shenanigans!! haha...But if its true well done bud!!

Quote Originally Posted by Monty View Post
    Its April 1st.....Storminsteve has a reputation. ...He may be pulling our leg?
    Quote Originally Posted by J Barbosa View Post
    I am with you Monty but just in case I put a GPS tracker on his car.
    Bunch of regular sherlock holmeses here! I guess I'm busted. Good catch fellas. JB if you are putting a gps on a car you are way off I drive a pickup!
    I figured I would do my yearly april fools joke. I was hoping it would last till tomorrow or at least until dark got suckered in. That crazy psycho texted me on sunday night and said he was catching bass in the teens in the middle of a rainstorm! He had me going and I almost drove down there to meet him. He said he would give me the clams he had left so I could get in on the bite. He sounded so believable I swallowed it. Then when he told me it was bogus I almost wanted to kill him. Did anyone else get a text from him and fall for it like I did? Dark you suck!!!!! Remember payback is a *****.

Quote Originally Posted by storminsteve View Post
    Bunch of regular sherlock holmeses here! I guess I'm busted. Monty hookset and blazin good catch. JB if you are putting a gps on a car you are way off I drive a pickup!
    I figured I would do my yearly april fools joke. I was hoping it would last till tomorrow or at least until dark got suckered in. That crazy psycho texted me on sunday night and said he was catching bass in the teens in the middle of a rainstorm! He had me going and I almost drove down there to meet him. He said he would give me the clams he had left so I could get in on the bite. He sounded so believable I swallowed it. Then when he told me it was bogus I almost wanted to kill him. Did anyone else get a text from him and fall for it like I did? Dark you suck!!!!! Remember payback is a *****.
    I got one from him too , Dark (el-chubo) is anti-clam, kinda figured he was delirious.
    White Water Monty 2.00 (WWM)
    Future Long Islander (ASAP)

Quote Originally Posted by Monty View Post
    I got one from him too , Dark (el-chubo) is anti-clam, kinda figured he was delirious.
    Before ya know it....my foot will be healed....and I'll be creeping up on you on the beach, ninja style....minus 15 lbs.....

^ Steve, ya gotta get up pretty early in the morning to pull the wool over my eyes. When I sent out those texts Pebbles and I were driving home from South Jersey...the rain was torrential, and I knew a lot of ya's were probably home climbing the walls......I did that trying to bring you some laughs.... I would not have had you drive down without telling ya the truth......
    A significant clue that tipped me off to Steve's story today, is the parrot colored swimmer....everyone knows when it's a new moon, ya throw dark, not parrot colors. Still a good effort Steve.....feel free to try to prank me again.....any time.......

Don't worry about ds. I know him for a long time. He is lunatic with good intentions. Steve enjoyed the report april 1 or not. We fished the bay last night. 2 bass to 27". Clams. The water temps are where they need to be. The bass are barely hitting. Do not spike your rod hold it. I will be out as much as I can from now on.

Thanks for the heads up and congrats ledhead! I'm hoping the delaware starts producing by this weekend. They are already catching shad the stripers and herring cant be far behind.

Quote Originally Posted by surferman View Post
    Thanks for the heads up and congrats ledhead! I'm hoping the delaware starts producing by this weekend. They are already catching shad the stripers and herring cant be far behind.
    Its on in the Delaware! I got 3 stripers to 24" yesterday afternoon using blood worms. All released. storminsteve love your reports keep em coming! Was a great way to get us sikked!

Quote Originally Posted by surferman View Post
    They are already catching shad
    Thanks for the heads up. I have been tying up some shad flies.

^^^^seamonkey and ledhead thanks for the intel glad to see someone is catching. I will be out this weekend and post up the results.
    Your welcome rob. Got pics?

led an me fished the bay last nite 4 shorties for us snot was the bait an we fished for 2 hrs

Thanks for the reports looks promising for this weekend can't wait!

Page 1 of 9 123 ... LastLast