Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: NJ Fishing Reports for April 2014...www.StripersAndAnglers.com

Thanks fellas. Right on the money blazin. Caught 2 bass to 26" on clams. Fishing for those bass was not fun. The first place was mobbed the 2nd place wasn't that much better. After the 2nd time a dude casted over my line I knew I didn't belong there. Left and got washed up. Now its time for the ti**y bar. I should have known better but the action has been getting decent. Saturday night its much better to seek strippers than stripers.

Sorry to hear that. Guess when it gets crowded its good advice not to fish on weekends. Weekends are when I have the free time to fish tho. I wish people didn't have to be so inconsiderate. I fished the delaware bay last night and got 6 stripers using worms. Biggest was about 24 inches. They were feisty critters and hitting hard.

This is a report but- I am in eight million feuds on Facebook fighting the good fight for guys who think land spots should be posted, nearly all these geniuses say Fish are totally random could be anywhere anytime, which totally makes zero sense why u should post a spot IF that were true, anyway I have a nice flats that has a pinch and a rip and every April full moon it seems to bring hundreds of Bass in with the extra current, last night didn't fail, had an epic type bite on plugs and plastics, mostly small but some were 24 to 29", was concerned about water temps but the fish were very aggressive and striking and fighting hard. Left them biting to see if they were at another spot because I am dumb but curious, have to know sometimes, spot B and C had no fish but they probably should this time of year, so we will shall see about the state of this run.

You're alive^^^^^^^

Pay attention to what history has taught us or be prepared to relive it again

just walked rb bay with my surf stick and handing out brochures ....seen no fish caught ...income ...water was calm ...water was cold ..I put my hand in it .....lot of people fishing ....no signs of any bait in the water ....
    I need to print some brochures in other languages it seems

Got out yesterday 5-930pm...Slow afternoon but did manage 2 lil guys and a few missed hits...All on clams..Fish were barley 18in saw a few others caught but nothing much bigger..Wanted to get out tomorrow but it looks like a wash out..Hopefully be back out by the end of the week

Quote Originally Posted by madcaster View Post
    just walked rb bay with my surf stick and handing out brochures ....seen no fish caught ...income ...water was calm ...water was cold ..I put my hand in it .....lot of people fishing ....no signs of any bait in the water ....
    I need to print some brochures in other languages it seems
    Quote Originally Posted by Blazin420 View Post
    Got out yesterday 5-930pm...Slow afternoon but did manage 2 lil guys and a few missed hits...All on clams..Fish were barley 18in saw a few others caught but nothing much bigger..Wanted to get out tomorrow but it looks like a wash out..Hopefully be back out by the end of the week

madcaster hope I don't sound racist but noticed the same thing too. We all have to fish together but can't people at least speak a little English?
    blazin at least you caught. That is what I heard about small fish the last time I was out. I felt lucky to catch as some others weren't. I stopped in a tackle shop on rt 35 earlier that day to buy some stuff and see what the owner would say. He told me they were killing them and guys were catching bass to 17lbs.
    I didn't see any of that where I was fishing. Seems like so little fish this year as compared to last year. Here one minute gone the next. Last year I was not always catching either but some of the spring clam fishing trips I could catch at least 5 at a time. Something is definitely off with the fishing. just my .02

Quote Originally Posted by SharkHart View Post
    This is a report but- I am in eight million feuds on Facebook fighting the good fight for guys who think land spots should be posted, nearly all these geniuses say Fish are totally random could be anywhere anytime, which totally makes zero sense why u should post a spot IF that were true, anyway I have a nice flats that has a pinch and a rip and every April full moon it seems to bring hundreds of Bass in with the extra current, last night didn't fail, had an epic type bite on plugs and plastics, mostly small but some were 24 to 29", was concerned about water temps but the fish were very aggressive and striking and fighting hard. Left them biting to see if they were at another spot because I am dumb but curious, have to know sometimes, spot B and C had no fish but they probably should this time of year, so we will shall see about the state of this run.
    Awesome report sharkhart! Its great to hear you got them on artificials when clams are taking most of the fish.
    Could I ask if this was in North or South Jersey? Not looking for a location but haven't heard of a lot of fish being taken on artificials in the rb yet so was just curious as to what part of the state. Some of the other reports online don't even talk about how they got fish. When you hear a guy bragging about his bass thumb without even hinting at what he was using I think that is just selfish. I don't need a location it's just nice to hear that they are starting to catch. Thanks for the reports and the videos as well have learned a lot from them.

Fished ocean county last night. River plugging. No love for me. El skunkaroo. Will give it a try later in the week. Nice work shark hart.

I fished the ocean this morning close to high tide last hour of incoming. It was a shock to see how much structure we have lost. By the end of the summer it will be one flat featureless coastline except for the inlets and a few sand bars and cuts. The south wind was a little breezy so I found a spot that gave a little shelter. 2 bass to 23" on bucktail and white grub. Moco.

I am glad some of you guys are out catching. I have devised my fishing strategy for this year. I will be targeting Carp, LM Bass, SM bass, trout, shad, pike, musky and pickerel. I will fish for Stripers in the spring and again in the fall. I am purchasing a better kayak to hit the back bay spots and also the lakes and rivers where I can't wade fish and get away from people.

Quote Originally Posted by buckethead View Post
    I fished the ocean this morning close to high tide last hour of incoming. It was a shock to see how much structure we have lost. By the end of the summer it will be one flat featureless coastline except for the inlets and a few sand bars and cuts. The south wind was a little breezy so I found a spot that gave a little shelter. 2 bass to 23" on bucktail and white grub. Moco.
    Nice brotha!! Glad to hear of some life outfront!! I may have to give it a shot..at least i can get away from the crowds!!!!

Fished the bay last night from 8-12. Fresh clam one dink to show for it. Should have been epic lol. Perfect conditions not perfect for the fish. Lack of fish this year for sure.

Got out last night for a couple hours...Between me and my buddy we landed 8..I had 5, 2 of which were better than the previous 18 inchers ive been getting..1 went 24 the other was 27in on the nose..Good night and glad I got some fish before the water is yoohoo from the rain...pic of the 27in.. Seemed the real smelly clams worked better..Had some left over from the weekend and boy were they RIPE lol
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 2014-04-14 23.16.08.jpg  

Why is there 1/2 inch of snow on my car in the middle of April in Northern NJ?

same reason there is here in ocean county mother nature paying people back for harassing and killing her young in the bay

Pay attention to what history has taught us or be prepared to relive it again

Nice blazin! Thanks for the intel and congrats! Will be out more this week the tides look good.

Quote Originally Posted by J Barbosa View Post
    Why is there 1/2 inch of snow on my car in the middle of April in Northern NJ?
    Quote Originally Posted by finchaser View Post
    same reason there is here in ocean county mother nature paying people back for harassing and killing her young in the bay
    Bad juju!

Nice going blazin.

Thanks guys!! This cold SUCKS!! Hope to be back on the fish Friday night...

Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast