Thread: NJ Fishing Reports for April 2014...www.StripersAndAnglers.com

Hybrid View

That really sucks fishingmission. Total a-holes. We should start posting their names and pictures. Thanks for the report.

fishinmission I agree with what you said. We had a nice place to fish in cliffwood and they ruined it so bad with trash until the police started ticketing. Now we fish elsewhere. It's only going to get worse fellas. The tackle shops are all reporting multiple keepers and some fish close to 20 pounds. Personally I think catching a 20lb striper now is like winning the lottery. There are not a lot of fish to go around this spring. The water has warmed up and my success is still spotty. Less bass spawning each year means less bass on the beaches.

Getting ready to join the crowds and fish high tide. Will report back later.

^^^^ Good luck brotha...Crowds are getting to be too much!! this time of year especially

Thanks fellas. Right on the money blazin. Caught 2 bass to 26" on clams. Fishing for those bass was not fun. The first place was mobbed the 2nd place wasn't that much better. After the 2nd time a dude casted over my line I knew I didn't belong there. Left and got washed up. Now its time for the ti**y bar. I should have known better but the action has been getting decent. Saturday night its much better to seek strippers than stripers.

Sorry to hear that. Guess when it gets crowded its good advice not to fish on weekends. Weekends are when I have the free time to fish tho. I wish people didn't have to be so inconsiderate. I fished the delaware bay last night and got 6 stripers using worms. Biggest was about 24 inches. They were feisty critters and hitting hard.

This is a report but- I am in eight million feuds on Facebook fighting the good fight for guys who think land spots should be posted, nearly all these geniuses say Fish are totally random could be anywhere anytime, which totally makes zero sense why u should post a spot IF that were true, anyway I have a nice flats that has a pinch and a rip and every April full moon it seems to bring hundreds of Bass in with the extra current, last night didn't fail, had an epic type bite on plugs and plastics, mostly small but some were 24 to 29", was concerned about water temps but the fish were very aggressive and striking and fighting hard. Left them biting to see if they were at another spot because I am dumb but curious, have to know sometimes, spot B and C had no fish but they probably should this time of year, so we will shall see about the state of this run.

You're alive^^^^^^^

Pay attention to what history has taught us or be prepared to relive it again

Quote Originally Posted by SharkHart View Post
    This is a report but- I am in eight million feuds on Facebook fighting the good fight for guys who think land spots should be posted, nearly all these geniuses say Fish are totally random could be anywhere anytime, which totally makes zero sense why u should post a spot IF that were true, anyway I have a nice flats that has a pinch and a rip and every April full moon it seems to bring hundreds of Bass in with the extra current, last night didn't fail, had an epic type bite on plugs and plastics, mostly small but some were 24 to 29", was concerned about water temps but the fish were very aggressive and striking and fighting hard. Left them biting to see if they were at another spot because I am dumb but curious, have to know sometimes, spot B and C had no fish but they probably should this time of year, so we will shall see about the state of this run.
    Awesome report sharkhart! Its great to hear you got them on artificials when clams are taking most of the fish.
    Could I ask if this was in North or South Jersey? Not looking for a location but haven't heard of a lot of fish being taken on artificials in the rb yet so was just curious as to what part of the state. Some of the other reports online don't even talk about how they got fish. When you hear a guy bragging about his bass thumb without even hinting at what he was using I think that is just selfish. I don't need a location it's just nice to hear that they are starting to catch. Thanks for the reports and the videos as well have learned a lot from them.