Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: NJ Fishing Reports for April 2014...www.StripersAndAnglers.com

good luck dude if anyone can catch them you can.

when around RB on out going ...saw a lot of shorts be caught about ten just in the hour 1/2 I was out ....threw a jig ....zip o ....they where be caught on clams ....very windy and cold ..water is very dirty ...yes and it was crowed ....just wonder how many poles can you fish in NJ ???....I guess I'll have to get a few claims

Thanks for the intel madcaster. Its still cold guess clams will get more fish until it warms up a few degrees. I'll be out on the weekend good luck gents.

Quote Originally Posted by hookedonbass View Post
    good luck dude if anyone can catch them you can.
    Thanks but it's really not that hard to catch spring schoolies on clams. All you need is a clam on your hook and hold the rod paying attention. I look for warmer days. Yesterday I was out there and pretty pumped. Still a little slow as I only managed 3 shorts. Didn't see any keepers caught.

Quote Originally Posted by madcaster View Post
    ..yes and it was crowed ....just wonder how many poles can you fish in NJ ???....
    I don't think there is a regulation for that madcaster. I agree its crazy out there lately. All for a few schoolies. There should be a limit of no more than 3 rods per person. I usually just bring 2 and fish one with the other being a backup for a good bite. If its slow I will fish 2 rods close together. Can't stand the groups that think its their right to take up 200' of beach with 5 rods apiece.

Thanks for the reports guys. I'll be out this weekend and joining all the other weekend warriors. Good luck to us all and let's think about catch and release too as the early keepers didn't get a chance to breed yet.

Quote Originally Posted by madcaster View Post
    when around RB on out going ...saw a lot of shorts be caught about ten just in the hour 1/2 I was out ....threw a jig ....zip o ....they where be caught on clams ....very windy and cold ..water is very dirty ...yes and it was crowed ....just wonder how many poles can you fish in NJ ???....I guess I'll have to get a few claims
    Thank you for the intel MC!

what a difference a day makes ...fishing RB out going ...calm ...no wind ....fished clams .....not one hit ....didn't see any one else catching .....skunked ...I knew I should of bought just one clam like I always do ......I'll try next week ...I'll let the week end crowd have it for now

Fished barney bay in the back this morning. Cold water and some of the warm water isn't that warm either. Skunk for me. May try again this weekend and go further north.

Real time report. I'm in the backbay. Lots of people out. The 4 and 5 pole brigade that madcaster was talking about. Got some clams and fished 4:30 to 6. one tap missed it. Tide is changing maybe my luck will change. Am sticking to it until I get a fish.

^^^^^ Hold your rod next time. No dead sticking.

could be flounder

Pay attention to what history has taught us or be prepared to relive it again

Got out last night for the outgoing dunked clams and managed 1 lil guy about 18in and missed 2 hits...Back out Sunday..Slow night but it was nice out!! Jig freak had it! Gotta hold the rod..Fish are hitting light..The first 2 hits came with in 10 mins of pole in the water was still getting settled when they hit..Once i held the rod i had a fish on the sand

Quote Originally Posted by jigfreak View Post
    ^^^^^ Hold your rod next time. No dead sticking.

Thanks thats what I was doing and it made a difference. I ended up with 2 short stripers to 22". Nice night though a little crowded. I will try to get back out there soon. Blazin glad to hear you caught too. Although they are small it is nice to have something at the end of the line. I got mine back in asap so as not to stress them out too much.

Quote Originally Posted by cowherder View Post
    Thanks thats what I was doing and it made a difference. I ended up with 2 short stripers to 22". Nice night though a little crowded. I will try to get back out there soon. Blazin glad to hear you caught too. Although they are small it is nice to have something at the end of the line. I got mine back in asap so as not to stress them out too much.
    Nice, good to hear you got a bend in the rod.
    Great to see everyone getting out and fishing.
    I'm looking forward to my Sunday AM trip.
    White Water Monty 2.00 (WWM)
    Future Long Islander (ASAP)

Fish in the delaware! Fished this morning got 4 to 29" on worms. Let the 29incher go it was the only keeper. My first keeper of the year. Hope it brings me luck for the rest of the year. The water cleaned up a little. Will try to go one more time this weekend the weather is beautiful.

Fishing in my neck of the woods hasnt been that great. Decided I would learn a bit about northern nj. Fished it years ago so I thought I was going to pm a few of you here to ask some general advice. I didn't have to because there are 2 spots that are now blown up all over fb. I was at one of them last night along with 50 of my closest friends lol. Managed 5 bass to 26" on plugs. I don't want to say any more but I feel where I was at last night could be closed down real soon. Bonfires, litter, beer bottles. It reminded me of march at graveling point or the power plant some of the places near there were great fishing but residential and now closed. I don't understand why people do this.

That really sucks fishingmission. Total a-holes. We should start posting their names and pictures. Thanks for the report.

fishinmission I agree with what you said. We had a nice place to fish in cliffwood and they ruined it so bad with trash until the police started ticketing. Now we fish elsewhere. It's only going to get worse fellas. The tackle shops are all reporting multiple keepers and some fish close to 20 pounds. Personally I think catching a 20lb striper now is like winning the lottery. There are not a lot of fish to go around this spring. The water has warmed up and my success is still spotty. Less bass spawning each year means less bass on the beaches.

Getting ready to join the crowds and fish high tide. Will report back later.

^^^^ Good luck brotha...Crowds are getting to be too much!! this time of year especially

Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast