Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: NJ Fishing Reports for April 2014...www.StripersAndAnglers.com

Quote Originally Posted by finchaser View Post
    same reason there is here in ocean county mother nature paying people back for harassing and killing her young in the bay

Well this year there are not too many in the bay. Its 7 weeks into the season and still nothing but rats. Maybe one of the worst springs ever. Fished last night, zippo.

Fished the front in moco today. Water a little dirty and not that great. Caught the skunk. Will try again this weekend.

Thanks for giving it an honest try bucket. I got off work early today and drove to an inlet to check it out. The wind is increasing and its dirty. You must have been out way earlier. Never know unless you try, right?

Quote Originally Posted by buckethead View Post
    Fished the front in moco today. Water a little dirty and not that great. Caught the skunk. Will try again this weekend.
    Quote Originally Posted by hookset View Post
    Thanks for giving it an honest try bucket. I got off work early today and drove to an inlet to check it out. The wind is increasing and its dirty. You must have been out way earlier. Never know unless you try, right?
    Also will head out this weekend, Sunday early AM, water still very cold.
    White Water Monty 2.00 (WWM)
    Future Long Islander (ASAP)

Fished the back ocean county. Last 2 hours of the incoming tide. One dink on rubber. Not too crowded. The weekend may be a zoo so I wanted to get some time in before that,

fished out back - fished the outgoing. 12-6:30. Got 2 small stripers and 1 fat white perch. My buddy got 3 small stripers. All on blood worms.

Got out last night for a bit..El Skunko for me except for 1 hit....Water was still dirty when i got there..I thinks its gonna bust open soon since the bunker have started to show in the back...lets hope!! May check out front just to switch it up this weekend!

Thought you folks would like to know a new crop of bass have hit Raritan bay. A friend was out there yesterday trolling the old orchard area and picked up a few keepers slow trolling stretch 25s in chartreuse color. They all had sea lice so apparently the migrating bass are arriving. This is good news. He was out a week ago and got nothing.

Thanks for the intel captnemo!

Fished the back of raritan bay with fresh clams. High tide was at 11:30. Fished from 10-6:15, My back hurts! Got 2 short bass before high tide, nothing for the next 5 hours and one 18" bass about fifteen minutes ago. It was a nice day out but didn't see many boats out there. Some were out far near what looked to be the staten island side but too far to tell if they were catching. Where are all these big fish the tackle shops are talking about?

Quote Originally Posted by cowherder View Post
    Fished the back of raritan bay with fresh clams. High tide was at 11:30. Fished from 10-6:15, My back hurts! Got 2 short bass before high tide, nothing for the next 5 hours and one 18" bass about fifteen minutes ago. It was a nice day out but didn't see many boats out there. Some were out far near what looked to be the staten island side but too far to tell if they were catching. Where are all these big fish the tackle shops are talking about?
    Wow, a marathon session
    Nice catching on a real nice day.
    I am heading out early AM, Jersey report this time.

Nothing compares with a monty marathon. You are a maniac I don't know how you do it for all those hours.At least I take a break in between. From what dark says you are a one man fishing ninja! Good luck toninght hope someone does better than I did.

Quote Originally Posted by cowherder View Post
    Nothing compares with a monty marathon. You are a maniac I don't know how you do it for all those hours.At least I take a break in between. From what dark says you are a one man fishing ninja! Good luck toninght hope someone does better than I did.
    Fished Bayside this morning 1:15-7:30 (short marathon ), a Jersey Skunkaroo this time. Threw lots of rubber and some plastic, nada. Real nice night to be out, water was not that murky, but felt cold.
    So far this year...
    (2) New York skunks
    (1) Jersey skunk
    and this one Jersey raccoon (looked to be about 15 feet from me and not afraid at all).

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	2014_4_20_rc2.jpg 
Views:	1 
Size:	27.5 KB 
ID:	18160

A lot of shorts this weekend on plastics but they got smaller then last week, mostly 20 to 23" few a tad bigger, no keeper sized fish, one area is dead water the other area they are thick, so idk. Should get better soon for better fish with any luck. Outgoing has been key for me.

A year ago today, I had my first blue April 20th Im guessing closer to the 29th this year maybe

Outgoing was also key to us also last night SharkHart.

I fished last night with my dad and brother.

We had a slow and steady pick through the night but there was a good thirty minute window on the outgoing tide where the action was pretty good.

We went through a dozen bunkers with most fish being in the 30" range or smaller.

During that window a 16lber and the 23-25lber above were caught.

Wow Barbosa that's a serious fish! Looks like at least 25lbs look at the gut on her! Nice catch.

Quote Originally Posted by Monty View Post
    Fished Bayside this morning 1:15-7:30 (short marathon ), a Jersey Skunkaroo this time. Threw lots of rubber and some plastic, nada. Real nice night to be out, water was not that murky, but felt cold.
    So far this year...
    (2) New York skunks
    (1) Jersey skunk
    and this one Jersey raccoon (looked to be about 15 feet from me and not afraid at all).

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	2014_4_20_rc2.jpg 
Views:	1 
Size:	27.5 KB 
ID:	18160

Hey monty are you trying to get an edge on me in the dead things thread? One wrong turn of the wheel and that raccoon could be road kill. Let me know I could help you out if you need some more material. Thanks for the report I hope to fish the ocean soon I think a few more sunny days and more bunker will bring them in closer.

I fished the bay last night 9-12 high tide. Guess I went home too early. How do you stay out all those hours monty I drank 2 cups of coffee and it wasn't happening because I couldn't even get a bump. I guess if there would be fish I would have been more awake. That's a beauty JB well done.

Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast