Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 8910

Thread: 2014 LI Fishing Reports

Sounds like a very frustrating trip probably the NY death rats hard to hook up with unless you downsize the plugs or hook size on larger plugs.I did ok with the rats I ran out for a bit used a bone color SP just use Finchasers upgrade method for the hooks.Bottom line 18 very small bass in 2 hours missed a few more(8-10 a.m.) in one spot, out front. bite is better after sunup.
    Cranky Old Bassturd.

Quote Originally Posted by surfstix1963 View Post
    Sounds like a very frustrating trip probably the NY death rats hard to hook up with unless you downsize the plugs or hook size on larger plugs.I did ok with the rats I ran out for a bit used a bone color SP just use Finchasers upgrade method for the hooks.Bottom line 18 very small bass in 2 hours missed a few more(8-10 a.m.) in one spot, out front. bite is better after sunup.
    All my action was in dark except for the popper/spook action. 3 of the fish took drag. There were some larger fish mixed in, one fish that swirled on a spook wasn't a schoolie. Was crazy frustrated. They hit 7" redfins, no hits on 5".
    Great to here you got out and had action.
    White Water Monty 2.00 (WWM)
    Future Long Islander (ASAP)

Yes it was good to get some action all holding in a deep water cut casted 10 ft. to either side of the cut nada.Probably won't get out much more gearing up for some more wreck fishing if the the wind lays down some and the boat can get out heavy winds the rest of the week and I don't do weekends usually unless the boat isn't packed.
    Cranky Old Bassturd.

Quote Originally Posted by surfstix1963 View Post
    Thats a great fishing trip. I fished yesterday from 6-9 on the incoming tide and was looking to score a few death rats. Can't even find those lol. Got one shorty on a ava with green tail. big dirty surf. It might be over.

Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 8910