Thread: 2014 LI Fishing Reports

Hybrid View

Quote Originally Posted by DarkSkies View Post
    I'm hearing that the bass and bluefish action from land has slowed down for a lot of you people fishing the area.....
    Yup so true. I have been out fishing the SS 3times in the last week and only got one blue on buck and pork. It was so much better 2 weeks ago. Even jbay sucks from the beach this year. Congrats to monty surfstix and you other dudes cause I am not doing well. We need more spearing and am hoping the spot come in early this year. that always seems to kick things up a notch.

This was a report I read for both the SS and back bay. Where are the stripers?

"Got out last evening and hit the backside. Dead, no bait, not a touch- threw the bag. The other evening same thing out front and inlet side. Since the Blues came through it's been dead. Really not many bass in the reports"

Ocean side this morning, 1:30-9:00.
    Couple bumps and that was it. Saw no bait, covered mile of beach couple times, nice night out, saw a bright shooting star.
    White Water Monty 2.00 (WWM)
    Future Long Islander (ASAP)

I'm hearing from some others day break at the inlet the blues are around, but that hasn't proven itself to me just yet bass just plain sucks and the boats are going after seabass rather then fluke pretty sad Spring action our arms should be sore as hell at this point but not so.
    Cranky Old Bassturd.

^ Rich....same over this side of the pond... I took Monty to hell and back again last night....and we couldn't even raise a fish.......

the inconsistency is disappointing......
    This morning he and I ran into another friend who fishes every day.......
    He got a 25# bass on artificials 2 weeks ago and hasn't had one since that...

So I told Monty I guess the key is to fish every day.....to give some more consistently.....
    Shortly after that, I got a text from another friend...who DOES fish every day.......he texted me this is the worst fishing he's seen, in terms of consistency, in 30 years of fishing the salt......

I have no answers at this point, other that many would be in agreement, that the biomass numbers are down....
    Good to see you're able to get out some......

fished the ss tonight 7-9pm. Bucktail and pork. Surf a little churned up. One 8lb bluefish and a sea robin.

Fished a good spot in the ss 7-9. Probably a bad part of the tide as it was low water. Zippo